PDA

View Full Version : Hyperios Missile Batteries

Demonus
01-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Anyone know of a good alternative to the FW models for these? Seem awesome for my wolves but spensing $45 a pop doesnt seem fun. Thanks

Proximus
01-15-2014, 11:30 PM
You might want to checkout these bad boys:

http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=240

Much, much cheaper than FW. It also has the advantage of being designed for magnetization.

Anggul
01-16-2014, 04:57 AM
I just bought Whirlwinds instead of Rhinos/Razorbacks and used the Whirlwind turrets for Hyperios Defence Platforms. You need to make/buy a platform for the circular part to sit in, but regardless it works out a lot cheaper. I would say it also gives you the option to use Whirlwinds but... yeah.

This is assuming you're actually using Rhinos/Razorbacks. Even if not you could always just keep the turret and sell the rest on as a Rhino.

Demonus
01-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks I picked up the Puppets of War ones we will see how they do. I do have a Whirlwind but the missiles are glued on and I don't need any more Rhinos atm. Maybe if they get more hull points in the future :)

Thanks both

Proximus
01-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Please keep us updated! I`d love to see pics of the turrets on the tabletop and scale comparisons to a rhino and a Space Marine!

SON OF ROMULOUS
01-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Could always try the fire raptor its what i picked up for Christmas. points cost has it at land raider cost but honestly it has decent weapon's and the nice rules that its turrets can fire independently at separate targets and don't count towards the 4 weapon max rules for firing fliers. so you can strafe a target fire off 2 missiles then have both turrets fire at separate targets so its like shoot 3 things for the price of one land raider :)