PDA

View Full Version : 1850 of Nids - Rejoining the swarm

Halollet
01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
I played the crap out of Nids in 3rd and 4th edition and I was really good with them. I usually tabled or got a surrender from my opponent around turn 3-4. Got one surrender at the end of turn 2! Then, life happened and I missed 5th edition entirely along with all the new bugs that came out. I got back into 6th with my other armies; Grey knights, guard, Tau, and most recently sisters. I was waiting for a new codex before I jumped in with them again. So I never fielded an army with Biomancy, Spores, Trevigons, Doom, etc. So this new release hasn't phased me like other have been.

So with that in mind, here's my getting back into nids list ver. 1!

HQ
Hive Tyrant - 270
Lash whip and sword, Toxin Sacs, Wings, Regeneration, Shreddershard Beetles
This guys flys foward first turn and gets in everyone's faces. Plasters SitW over everything for the broodlords, see below. Then picks off easy units and eats them.

Troops
5 genestealers + Broodlord - 130
These guys infiltrate forward and are there to mess with low Ld units like basic troops, Crisis suits, devasator squads, Pathfinders - both Tau and Eldar, and especially pskyers. With the hive tyrant right above them even GK Paladins are taking this pinning test on Ld 5! That's nuts!

Termagant Brood x30 - 120
Trevigon Tax and screen for them

Trevigon with Cluster Spines - 200
First time using one of these. Will be there to support the Exocrine and produce scoring units.

Hormagaunts x21 - 105
Runs up with Carnifexes and warriors

Warrior Brood x6 - 312
Adrenal glands, Toxin Sacs, Flesh Hooks, Sword and whip x2, Rending Claws x4, Scything talons x6
Provides mobile synapse and cleans up assault. Not relying on these guys too much for synapse as they're heading towards the tyrant and the Zoans will be along side them

Elite
Zoanthrope x2 - 100
Back up synapse and blasts stuff and I hope to get a good power on these guys as well. I would love to split them into 2 broods but first blood exists so ... :(

Heavy Support
Carnifex Brood x2 - 280
Spinebank, Adrenal Glands
Cheap and simple, runs up providing cover for the warriors and is covered themselves by the hormies. Then, smashy smashy. Wondering if I should split these up?

Exocrine - 200
Regeneration
I don't know about this guy yet, he's still in the box. If I decide I don't like him then I'll probably switch him out for a Trygon Prime. However, a nid with riptide like firepower is hard to pass up. He will sit in the middle of the board with the Trevigon and be a deadly annoyance to my opponent.

I'm firing off 6 psychic powers a turn with this list too, 2 The Horrors and 4 random.

So, what do you think?

Tynskel
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't say you were really good with them in 3rd or 4th... I would say that GW hadn't toned back Assault yet...

Aren't Paladins fearless?

Halollet
01-14-2014, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't say you were really good with them in 3rd or 4th... I would say that GW hadn't toned back Assault yet...

Aren't Paladins fearless?

Maybe.... but that was the meta and I excelled at it so ;P

Paladin's are not, they have ATSKNF, so they can be pinned! Purifiers are fearless so we have to be careful of them because of that dang fire power they have, but otherwise you can pin whatever you want in a GK army! Pin a dreadknight while you're at it! :D

MrBleak
01-15-2014, 04:51 AM
The list seems fun enough.
I think you dump way too many points on warriors, for that many you can get 3 zoans and a crone but if you are hell bent on using them, no way to change your mind XD
I guess it depends on wether you are playing competitive of just for fun added to the meta of where yo play. For example, i play in a tau and chaos heavy enviroment son for me you lack a lot of anti air since i tend to find 3 drake or even 4 drake chaos players, which is why i advised the zoans + crone, but again, depends ^^

Halollet
01-15-2014, 07:39 AM
The list seems fun enough.
I think you dump way too many points on warriors, for that many you can get 3 zoans and a crone but if you are hell bent on using them, no way to change your mind XD
I guess it depends on wether you are playing competitive of just for fun added to the meta of where yo play. For example, i play in a tau and chaos heavy enviroment son for me you lack a lot of anti air since i tend to find 3 drake or even 4 drake chaos players, which is why i advised the zoans + crone, but again, depends ^^

Flyers are not a big thing in my local gaming group. I recently played 6 League games and only saw one Eldar one. So I'm not worried about anti-air. Flyers in general don't seem that good to me as someone can just walk towards them and then they can't do anything next turn.

I am worried about my warriors though. I think making my big things list again where I limited myself to only taking multi wound models. That way each small brood of warriors could hide behind a MC and not have to worry about heavy firepower causing instant death.

Man... I'm so disappointed at the lack of creativity in this book. How did the marine codex become more creative then nids? There's something wrong here.

Halollet
01-15-2014, 10:39 AM
So I'm really disappointed at the lack of creativity with this new dex. I can find more creative ways to make my own Space Marine Chapter then it is to make my own hive fleet. That's so backwards I think I threw up a bit when I realized it. So GW isn't getting any more of my money until they do something about it. So here's a list with the models I own. I think I like it because I have at least 5 things that cause pinning every turn, maybe more depending on what pychic powers I roll. I see tyranids as something that should be scary, so this is mostly a fluffy fun list then anything else. But I would still love to eat my rival's guard/marine list with it! :D Another great thing is that only 3 fexes need synapse so that gets rid of that weakness. And even if they fail, 2 of them will just do exactly what I want them to do anyways! :p

HQ
Hive Tyrant - 240
Lash whip and sword, Toxin Sacs, Wings, Prehensile Pincer Tail
This guys flys foward first turn and gets in everyone's faces. Plasters SitW over everything for the broodlords, see below. Then picks off easy units and eats them.

Hive Tyrant (Warlord) - 240
Heavy Venom Cannon, Masima Cannon, Regeneration
Sits in the Aegis line and picks off transports and tougher to wound units. Cover save + Regeneration should deny Slay the Warlord for a bit I hope.

Troops
These guys infiltrate forward and are there to mess with low Ld units like basic troops, Crisis suits, devasator squads, Pathfinders - both Tau and Eldar, and especially pskyers. With the hive tyrant right above them even GK Paladins and Farseers are taking this pinning test on Ld 5! That's nuts!

Warrior Brood x3 - 110
Death Spitterx2, Venom Cannon
Warrior Brood x3 - 110
Death Spitterx2, Venom Cannon
One of these guys will man the QuadGun and just sit back and shoot from the safety of the Aegis line

Warrior Brood x3 - 100
Devourerx2, Barbed Strangler
Warrior Brood x3 - 100
Devourerx2, Barbed Strangler
Moves up in cover and lays down pie plates while providing synapse for the assault fexes

Elite
Zoanthrope x2 - 100
Warp blasts things and provides support. Probably keep them around the dakka fex

Heavy Support
Carnifex - 155
Strangle thorn Cannon, Bio-Plasma
More dakka and more pinning. Will walk up with Zoans to cover them.

Carnifex - 160
Spinebank, Adrenal Glands, Bio-Plasma
Carnifex - 160
Spinebank, Adrenal Glands, Bio-Plasma
Runs up and hits things with to blasts before charging it. Will probably keep them together for added smiting power when needed.

Aegis Line + Quadgun 100

1835 points
31 models
76 wounds

What do ya think of this one? Also, I got 15 points left to spend. Any ideas? MawClaws on the Flyrant? Tail attack on one of the fexes?

Tynskel
01-15-2014, 11:12 AM
I would dump the second gun on the Tyrant. If you aren't going to be moving the Tyrant, take advantage of the BS4. put the tyrant on the Aegis Gun.

Halollet
01-15-2014, 12:15 PM
I would dump the second gun on the Tyrant. If you aren't going to be moving the Tyrant, take advantage of the BS4. put the tyrant on the Aegis Gun.

Not a bad idea. I was going to use one of the deathspitter warriors so they have longer range and maximize the number of shots from the Aegis. But that's not a bad idea..... That would give me 40 points to play with then. Hmmm..

Halollet
01-17-2014, 10:27 AM

Here's a thought I had, what about giving him a Heavy Venom and the Iccarus lascannon so he has 2 str 9 guns?