PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid Basline Attacks?

Dlatrex
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi guys.

For the first time instead of a paper copy, I have the Enhanced iBook for the TyraniDex, and I don't always know where to go to confirm a rule (much of the info is hidden in these pop-outs!). With the new rule explaining that Melee biomorph pairs "...[are] treated as a single Melee weapons. This means that Tyranid Models must fight with two pairs of any Tyranid Melee weapons to gain a bonus Attack for close combat fighting with two weapons." It then uses the Hormagaunt vs. the Genestealer and Raveners as an example. While it seems pretty straight forward for the Genestealer who can choose to ADD a second pair of CC weapons, what about the units that start with 2 sets? For example the Hive Tyrant comes with 2x Scything talons base. Does that mean he gets 4+1 base attacks? Or is he only 4 attacks when so equipped, and loses one attack if he swaps to a gun? What about the Swarmlord with his two sets of Bone Sabres, who CANNOT swap them out?

This may be written more obviously in the paper book, but i know GW has an inconsistent habit of bundling 'extra attacks for 2nd CC weapon" into the stat-lines of some models (e.g. Primarch Angron) :confused:

Big_jon
01-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Yes, so a Hove tyrant starts with 5 attacks, a Trygon 6, a carnifex 4 and so on.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
01-14-2014, 11:53 AM
I thought they stopped including the +1 in the statline? So, say, Swarmlord would get +1?

Broodingman87
01-14-2014, 12:00 PM
No, none of the bonus attacks are included in the profile so a slayer Tyrant has 4+1 because each set of Scything talons counts and a close combat weapon. I.E. The Hive Tyrant comes stock with two close combat weapons and gets really 5 attacks base.

Dlatrex
01-15-2014, 11:32 AM
With that in mind, the Bone-sabre nerf to The Swarm Lord, is not quite as bad due to the extra attack.

Comparing 4 attacks (with Invuln Re-rolls) to a Flat 5 attacks here is the change in the chance to score successful wounds against T4

6++: +7.14%
5++: -6.25%
4++: -16.67%
3++: -25%
2++: -31.82%

So WATCH OUT all you models with a 6++ save. Swarmy is coming for ya. :rolleyes: