PDA

View Full Version : Stencil type thing for painting a flag on my soldiers :D?

knighter
01-13-2014, 09:16 PM
hey guy's quick question, anyone got a good type/guide for making a stencil type thing to paint a canadian maple leaf flag on my soldiers?

It's tough to keep painting these and they all look a bit different :(

Thanks <3

Wolfshade
01-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Have you considered making the leaf into a decal so you can print off identical designs.

Gutzmek
01-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Honestly check for a maple leaf hole punch at Michaels or any other craft store, not sure if they have that design but it wouldn't surprise me. Once located just get some card stock punch a whole and spray little leaves on what ever you want. Good luck

This Dave
01-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Have you considered making the leaf into a decal so you can print off identical designs.

I'm sure you can find maple leaf decals from places that do military models as well.

lattd
01-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Can always print one of get some of that cheap see through plastic they use on toy boxes. Then trace out the maple on the plastic, tad a cheap reusable stencil.

KAPcom
01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
As someone who does a lot of airbrushing, make sure you cut the final stencil out of masking tape, otherwise you'll get a very fuzzy leaf on your flags that you'll have to spend time fixing.

Gleipnir
01-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Most of what you need can be made easy using a roll of frisket film (sticky thin wax paper used with stencils and free hand airbrush artists) an hobby knife and a piece of this plasticard cut out in the shape of the design you want to use and a pencil

Design your stencil on the plastic and use the hobby knife to cut it out then apply the frisket film over the areas you want to apply the design and using a pencil and your stencil trace the area and lightly cut away the paper from the area you want to paint, removing the remaining paper from the model after you have finished to maintain a universal look.

removed carefully you may be able to use the same piece of friskt film you applied as a template multiple times as well