PDA

View Full Version : Gargoyles and Blind weapons

evilamericorp
01-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Gargoyles now have an attack with the blind special rule. As far as I can recall, no other unit has regular weapons with this rule where more than one blind effect is going off at once. The rule for blind says "Any unit hit by a model or weapon with this special rule must..." Does this mean that a unit must take a blind test for every individual gargoyle that hits them, and if they fail any test the whole unit is blinded?

mathhammer
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
yes, so many blind test until GW faqs it.

Tynskel
01-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Sounds not bad to me. Make sure those guys are Blinded!
Maybe do something like a statistical charge for blinded, and then use that many gargoyles + 1 and blind 'em!

Anggul
01-13-2014, 05:59 PM
I thought Blinding Venom seemed pretty pointless as you already have them tied up in combat so they can't shoot you, but then I considered that it means our low WS units like Carnifexes, Haruspexes and Hormagaunts will be hitting on 3+ and being hit on 5+.

DarkLink
01-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Yep, blessing in disguise.

Tynskel
01-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Yep, blessing in disguise.

This is where I really see it useful:

30 Gargoyles
Multi-charge (you are not planning on using that extra, anyhow). Hit them with so many blind shots, that they cannot hit you back.
Then tear them apart with your big beasties, and other friends!

KINGS
01-13-2014, 10:17 PM
This is where I really see it useful:

30 Gargoyles
Multi-charge (you are not planning on using that extra, anyhow). Hit them with so many blind shots, that they cannot hit you back.
Then tear them apart with your big beasties, and other friends!

You better have a huge brood because all those units you charge will be over watching into T3 6+sv models...

DarkLink
01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Really? Overwatch on everything short of, like, a Tau castle is going to kill like two Gargoyles. Yes, overwatch sucks. No, it doesn't make Gargoyles somehow terrible.