PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids Regeneration

Tynskel
01-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Something to think about...

Tactically, place hive tyrant up front, with Tyrant Guard. If the unit is shot at, assign a wound to the Tyrant (LoS is automatically passed). 4+ to regen next turn.

The idea is to maximize the use of that power.

Garma
01-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Something to think about...

Tactically, place hive tyrant up front, with Tyrant Guard. If the unit is shot at, assign a wound to the Tyrant (LoS is automatically passed). 4+ to regen next turn.

The idea is to maximize the use of that power.

I don't think that LoS works that way. quoting from the BRB, "When a would is allocated to one of your characters, and there is another model from the same unit within 6" he's allowed a Look out, Sir attempt. " and then goes on to explain that if its passed you resolve the wound on the other model instead. So you could go from hive tyrant to tyrant guard but not the other way around unless the tyrant guard are characters(?)

mathhammer
01-13-2014, 01:05 PM
I think the OP is saying make sure the tyrant always takes one wound so you can always use regen to heal it later. Since you can always pass the wounds around there is no fear of the next 3 wounds from killing the tyrant.

Tynskel
01-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I think the OP is saying make sure the tyrant always takes one wound so you can always use regen to heal it later. Since you can always pass the wounds around there is no fear of the next 3 wounds from killing the tyrant.

Yes. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that statement.

Houghten
01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
I believe what Tynskel is trying to say is this:

You put the Hive Tyrant in front, where Wounds would automatically be allocated. You allow him to take one wound each turn, then use the Shieldwall rule to automatically pass the rest off to the Tyrant Guard. Then you try to Regenerate the one lost wound.

Edit: Whoa, hyper-ninja'd. That's what I get for going off to check on my dinner in the middle of a post.

Garma
01-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Yes. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that statement.

That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying :D

daboarder
01-13-2014, 03:06 PM
yep sounds good.

Also remember as the unit has the same save you get to allocate them after you roll, this means you get to see how bad the damage is on the unit before deciding to pass out the wound like candy, if you tyrant has a bit more wounds mid game and feel no pain, then think about throwing more than just a single wound on the tyrant to save the guard, he can probably take it.