PDA

View Full Version : Any good way to find out about open tournaments? (Maybe vancouver area?)

knighter
01-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Hey guys just wondering best way to find out about "open" tournaments, as in anyone could play in it. I live in a town of 200k which I don't think does any public tournaments (the only real warhammer hobby store here doesn't have any events for any atleast) However im wondering where I might be able to find out about some, I live close to Vancouver (3 hours out) but i'd travel for a good tournament sometime for sure with a buddy :D

Aventine
01-13-2014, 04:12 AM
Hey guys just wondering best way to find out about "open" tournaments, as in anyone could play in it. I live in a town of 200k which I don't think does any public tournaments (the only real warhammer hobby store here doesn't have any events for any atleast) However im wondering where I might be able to find out about some, I live close to Vancouver (3 hours out) but i'd travel for a good tournament sometime for sure with a buddy :D

I don't know which direction you are out, but if you are up for a little longer drive, there is an active 40K community with monthly tournaments in Bellingham, WA. Do a search for the Bellingham Warhamsters if you are interested.

knighter
01-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks! Dam how is it more popular in a city with 90k than the city i'm in of 200k... but in all fairness Kelowna is like one of the wealthiest cities in North america and its a beach city lol dont get me wrong I love the beach stuff, just wish some warhammer players too ^_^

Thaldin
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
I used to be in a fairly active group here in the Seattle area between you two (more specifically the east side of Lake Washington), but then our game store closed down and I am not sure where everyone migrated too.

I would love to get back into it more... I haven't gotten very many games of 6th Ed. in and feel like I am missing a lot =\

knighter
01-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Me and a small group (5) of friends played alot over winter break, but as we are all university student's we all live in different places during the school year :(

Thaldin
01-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Hell, I even have a 6x4 game table in my house, in a dedicated game room... and enough room in the garage for a 2nd 6x4...

Some friends and I are trying to start up a campaign just to get some interest going again

knighter
01-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Where is a good place to read about how campaigns work? :)?