PDA

View Full Version : Can we expect a Tyranid FAQ fairly soon?

Gleipnir
01-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken but the new Tyranid Codex feels woefully incomplete and seems to have just invalided most fluff rules that were presented in the 5th edition FAQ

Like can your Tyranids now use emplaced weapons and occupy fortifications. I saw nothing in the rules to specify otherwise

Its details like these and making no effort to address Tyranids lack on an allied detachment that left me feeling a little meh about this codex more so than any unit or wargear changes, it just felt like new profiles were created for new models, and the book was pushed out with the least amount of thought possible.

Random Psychic table - check
Warlord table - check
Artifacts - check
Flyers - check
New Large Model - check

Only thing I didn't see was a plastic character clampack

Browntj007
01-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken but the new Tyranid Codex feels woefully incomplete and seems to have just invalided most fluff rules that were presented in the 5th edition FAQ

Like can your Tyranids now use emplaced weapons and occupy fortifications. I saw nothing in the rules to specify otherwise

Its details like these and making no effort to address Tyranids lack on an allied detachment that left me feeling a little meh about this codex more so than any unit or wargear changes, it just felt like new profiles were created for new models, and the book was pushed out with the least amount of thought possible.

Random Psychic table - check
Warlord table - check
Artifacts - check
Flyers - check
New Large Model - check

Only thing I didn't see was a plastic character clampack

I think you can add :

Nerf the most popular models to increase sales of new models - check
Nerf the most powerful abilities -check
Ignore all prior history / replace with ??? - check

Personally I'm extremely disappointed with this codex. Literally,it looks like there's no imaginational creative talent left at GW. You're absolutely correct with your assessment.

kublade
01-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Let's add in:

Nerf the deep-striking. ( No more Myscetic Spore. ) - Check
Nerf the now random psychic table. - Check
Nerf HQ units. ( Hive Tyrant no longer able to take +2 armor. ) - Check
Nerf the best model in the book. ( Swarmlord lost re-roll ++ saves, went up in points, lost one psychic power, only has his ++4 against Melee weapons. No longer just in close combat. ) - Check

I'm extremely disappointed with this codex as well, no creativity, it's copy and paste from 5th ed. They changed crap that didn't matter, our main issues, un-usable units for example, remain un-used, and now even more models are useless. And jeez, it's like they knew I magnetized all my scything talons for my MCs, now they're worthless.

MMM
01-12-2014, 05:13 PM
It seems nowadays GW doesnīt give a faq about FAQs.

So to answer the OPīs question: maybe this decade.

DWest
01-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Anybody know what's up with that? For the first year of 6th, we were getting monthly updates, and then they just kinda stopped. I haven't seen anything since the FAQ updating Servo-Arms to match the SM codex.

Vepr
01-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Anybody know what's up with that? For the first year of 6th, we were getting monthly updates, and then they just kinda stopped. I haven't seen anything since the FAQ updating Servo-Arms to match the SM codex.

They are too busy creating well thought out and play tested products like the Tyranid codex to stop and make FAQs... :p

Mrchilidog
01-13-2014, 06:18 AM

So to answer the OPīs question: maybe this decade.

The FAQ is out. Man that decade just flew by...

daboarder
01-13-2014, 06:19 AM
no its not, hell the january one form last year is even still up

Wolfshade
01-13-2014, 07:00 AM
Given the codex is two days old are they "frequently" asked questions?

daboarder
01-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Given the codex is two days old are they "frequently" asked questions?
Normally I'd probably say no, but given the book.....some of these are the same questions we've been asking for a while

kublade
01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
We do already have some issues that are not clear, and probably will be FAQ'd pretty quick, and will most likely just nerf our army more, I doubt they will ever be for our benefit. Such as the Tyrant Guard - Hive Tyrant IC dilemma, which was copy/pasted from 5th ed book, but was still not made clear, and thus we may just see a copy/paste of the 5th ed FAQ, which if that happens, will be pretty lame of GW. Also can Tyranids use fortifications? We aren't prohibited from it in this codex, however, it wasn't in 5th ed either, it was on the FAQ, so if they do FAQ it to say that we can not use quad guns or anything, that will also be another slap in the face to tyranids, as they clearly did not look at the 5th ed FAQ, and compare it to their new rules, did anything become more clear? Some stuff that was just updated to core 6th ed standards, but honestly, our book is incomplete, and a copy and paste.

DarkLink
01-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Probably no FAQ, because they're not going to answer "where can we buy pitchforks and torches in bulk" or "where is the home address of the codex authors".

Gutzmek
01-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Just have to say I have my pitch fork and torch in the trunk... let's role