PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Flying Ants

Renegade
01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Looking at ways to have as many winged Tyranids as possible.

Nothing wings in troops or heavy support, so looking at a Prime with Warriors and possibly Tyranofex?

HQ = Flyrant

What else, and what are the winged Elite options?

Tynskel
01-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Bugs with wings:
HQ Hive Tyrants
FAST ATTACK: Crone, Harpy, Shrikes, Sky Slashers, Gargoyles.

Renegade
01-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Bugs with wings:
HQ Hive Tyrants
FAST ATTACK: Crone, Harpy, Shrikes, Sky Slashers, Gargoyles.

So I make ground forces the anvil, and take either two large squads of shrikes and a crone, or a harpy with two large flights of gargoyles.

Flyrant leads the circus to harass opposition units till the harpy or crone arrive, elite ground units move into place, end with much om, nom, nom, nom.

Learn2Eel
01-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Methinks the best adaption of a winged list would be to have Termagants as your horded Troops, one or two broods of Shrikes, and one or two Harpies/Crones, with two Flyrants as your HQ. For Elites and Heavy Support I recommend a combo of Lictors and Mawlocs/Trygons for turn two disruption so that the bulk of your forces should be able to charge in on turn three at the latest.

Renegade
01-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Methinks the best adaption of a winged list would be to have Termagants as your horded Troops, one or two broods of Shrikes, and one or two Harpies/Crones, with two Flyrants as your HQ. For Elites and Heavy Support I recommend a combo of Lictors and Mawlocs/Trygons for turn two disruption so that the bulk of your forces should be able to charge in on turn three at the latest.

Looking at hitting the front lines turn two latest, and the circus is far to fragile not to have the monster mash backing it. The idea is to stop the opponent going forward, deny any attempt at being in my end of the board.

I don't see any of the winged ants being able to last more than four turns once they hit the front lines, they lack amour saves of any real value. They will tied the enemy in place, as they will rampage if not made priority. This leaves elites and heavy support to deal with anything that gets pass the net. Warriors claim objectives or clear up what it left.

Warriors are more than capable at killing almost any other troop choice in the game, and some elites, while the heavy support has some nice anti vehicle and TEQ options. If needs must, annihilation is always a victory condition.

Thoughts?