PDA

View Full Version : Did FW retcon the Storm Eagle for csm?

MrBo
01-11-2014, 08:37 AM
The Storm Eagle used to be listed as usable fro csm , but with the new IA they do not have it.
Furthermore, It is no longer listed for csm vehicles on the FW website.
I talked to a redshirt, he said it was probably a mistake, but that was over a month ago and they haven't changed it.
Any ideas? This is kind of a big deal , as 150 dollar investment shouldnt be changed like that, and it makes me reconsider the purchase of the Storm Raptor.

Tyrendian
01-11-2014, 09:55 AM
The Storm Eagle used to be listed as usable fro csm , but with the new IA they do not have it.
Furthermore, It is no longer listed for csm vehicles on the FW website.
I talked to a redshirt, he said it was probably a mistake, but that was over a month ago and they haven't changed it.
Any ideas? This is kind of a big deal , as 150 dollar investment shouldnt be changed like that, and it makes me reconsider the purchase of the Storm Raptor.

why would it be in the new IA? it´s only for loyalist Astartes after all - and not even that, really, since neither Space Wolves nor Blood Angels have their Contemptor variants in there (but they still exist, since neither can take the regular Contemptor either)
So your most current profile is still in IA:Apoc - keep using that and you´re fine

YorkNecromancer
01-11-2014, 10:45 AM
It does make sense; there aren't going to be anywhere near enough spare parts in the Warp. There's a reason CSM weapons tend to be limited to the simpler-to-produce technologies.

Tyrendian
01-11-2014, 10:53 AM
It does make sense; there aren't going to be anywhere near enough spare parts in the Warp. There's a reason CSM weapons tend to be limited to the simpler-to-produce technologies.

then why is the Chaos Fire Raptor better than the loyalist version?...

Tynskel
01-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Reaper Autocannons have easily corruptible Machine Spirits.

YorkNecromancer
01-11-2014, 01:33 PM

Because "more advanced" does not equal "better"? :rolleyes:

You'll note I said only that they use less complicated technologies, not that those technologies are inefficient or weak. There's a reason the most popular assault rifle in the world is the AK-47, after all. It's not the best, or the most advanced, but it perfectly meets the criteria for an army that wants the most dakka on a limited budget.

And boy, does Chaos have a limited budget.

Denzark
01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Looking at the Contents page of the Imperial Armour Apocalypse currently on sale at FW, you can by squinting, make out that Chaos can still have the Storm Eagle.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Armour_Books/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_APOCALYPSE.html

Edit - in fact a Chaos Storm Eagle is one of the sample pages as well.

MrBo
01-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Looking at the Contents page of the Imperial Armour Apocalypse currently on sale at FW, you can by squinting, make out that Chaos can still have the Storm Eagle.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Armour_Books/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_APOCALYPSE.html

Edit - in fact a Chaos Storm Eagle is one of the sample pages as well.

Thanks a bunch