PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have done this ?

Dave Fothergill
01-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Ok so having done this 3 times in the last half hour I wanted to know how many of you had done the same thing.

Ok so I'm painting and need to clean my brush but instead of cleaning it in water I've dipped my brush into my coffee instead and wondered if I was the only one who did this ?

spaceman91
01-09-2014, 06:52 AM
I have done this so many times that I have started drink straight from the bottle. I should point out I mean fizzy drinks bottle.

lobster-overlord
01-09-2014, 07:26 AM
I once used my paint water as a chaser for jaegermeister if that counts..... it was the only liquid readily available to remove theflavor of that junk.

Psychosplodge
01-09-2014, 07:44 AM
I once used my paint water as a chaser for jaegermeister if that counts..... it was the only liquid readily available to remove theflavor of that junk.

Heresy.
:p

Yeah done it before... but not coffee, what do you think I am? some sort of colonial?

spaceman91
01-09-2014, 08:49 AM

In some places you would be whipped then hanged then shot for that comment

Dave Fothergill
01-09-2014, 08:51 AM
In some places you would be whipped then hanged then shot for that comment

Is it even worse then if you've never drank Jaegermeister ?

spaceman91
01-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Is it even worse then if you've never drank Jaegermeister ?

OMG. You shall join him!
Edit: this should be read in a German accent for best affect. Can't remember what film that's from.

Cpt Codpiece
01-09-2014, 10:13 AM
i keep my drinks to my left and my paint water to my right.... done this too many times its not funny :)

i actually had my tattooist use his vodka and coke by accident on his needle once :) (its all good i know him fraternally ;))

ACE01
01-09-2014, 12:05 PM
i keep my drinks to my left and my paint water to my right.... done this too many times its not funny :)

Having done this myself (none of this coffee lark though, good tea for us Brits!) I confess I now rest my drink on an entirely different table!

Dave Fothergill
01-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Having done this myself (none of this coffee lark though, good tea for us Brits!) I confess I now rest my drink on an entirely different table!

I'm to lazy to get up while painting so I have to be willing to drink coffee/paint if I want to have a drink. I do agree tea is good to but with 2 kids I need the coffee kick to keep functioning !

DWest
01-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I've done the paintbrush into the drink too many times to count, and one worse: Instant Mold (If you're not familiar, Instant Mold is a clear rubbery material that softens when soaked in hot water. It can be pressed around small parts like helmets to make a mold and then filled with greenstuff to make a duplicate). Scalding hot *and* a floating residue of greenstuff, delicious!

Chaoschrist
01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Never happened to me, but I tend to put my painting supplies on the left where my light is and put drinks on the right. And the fact that I use a small plastic icecream bucket/container for my painting water and actual mugs (with a handle) for beverages pretty much helps remind me what's for drinking and what's not.

Darren Richardson
01-10-2014, 08:24 AM
well when I was painting mini's at Boarding school I did that many a time with my Cream Soda I used to drink, since it was in a glass and it's almost clear it's easy to mistake it for water... ;)

These days I have drinks in a sports cap bottle so as to avoid that mistake.....

War Painter
01-10-2014, 12:47 PM
I've actually never done this, and I've been painting since 2 Dark Elf releases ago. (late 90's early 2000's). I do however keep the point on my brush while I paint by putting the tip in my mouth. Its usually washed out though, and I only do it after it was in water and I wasn't painting with anything toxic.