PDA

View Full Version : Eric here.....moving back to the Austin area!

RandomX
12-15-2009, 03:43 PM
I have been around the Lounge for a while now, but thought that I would toss this out here to see what the current gaming status is around Austin and Dlair/BFG.

I am in the army, and am getting out in around 18 months. I am right about to leave Iraq for the last time, and will be home in mid January. So I will have 19 good months of Austin gaming before I take off for Houston and school (as a 29yo Freshmen...yeesh).

I lived in Round Rock a few years ago, but was on a sort of hiatus, so I really didnt get any gaming in. Shame as my wife used to work right next to Dragon (in the Dive shop down the row as a swim instructor). And I have been past BFG everytime we go to Alamo.

But anyway, hiatus is over. I am back in the swing of things and am looking to roll dice. I am more of a casual player, but I love to play and have been to GTs and many RTTs. I do not field unpainted models, and I have won best painted at tourneys. Painting is pretty important to me.

I know a couple of regulars to BFG, have chatted with Goatboy (I read his webcomics all the time years ago when I lived in Maine, kinda funny to run into him again after all that time and half a country away) and Aaron (grey_death).

I have...

9k of Black Templar which I have played since 1999.
Orks - In work, want to have the army done by June for BoLSCon
Pre-Heresy true scale "Something" - Working on sculpting to cast my own heresy armor, then I will build either Word Bearers or Iron Warriors, haven't decided yet really.But you can follow my sculpting on my blog for the interested.

Dwarves - Also for BoLSCon, they are in work. Will be 2250 to start, and then expanded from there.
Chaos Nurgle Mortals - Around 1k.
Empire - Around 1k

Bloodbowl - Humans, and two Chaos Teams (want to do up a Dwarven Team)
Mordheim - Aldorfers, Chaos Marauders, and Carnival of Chaos (Nurgle)

Warmachines/Hordes

Protectorate of Menoth - Models are waiting for me to get home, I am finally taking the plunge after hemming and hawing over it for the last 4 or so years. They will be painted pretty quick, to hit the tables ASAP.

Skorne for Hordes - This spring I am going to knock out some Beasts! Love those Cyclops models.

Plus I have Space Hulk, and a ton of the Zombies sets and Munchkin. I love to roll dice on board games too.

So anyway, a "regular" gamer is coming into the area in about 30 days! Can't wait to get in there!

I know that BFG has a really awesome tournament scene and I would like to jump into the waters and swim with the sharks, so to speak!

Anyway, look forward to meeting the Austin crowd and rolling some dice with you all!

-Eric

MarshalAdamar
12-20-2009, 10:10 AM
First from one vet to another let me say thank you. ~

I see we have a few things in common, our name and taste in our major army!! The Black Templars

I have BT and love them so it’s nice to see another fellow crusader on the boards!

Welcome~!