PDA

View Full Version : Early Warning Override vs signature systems

Trianglebob777
01-05-2014, 05:03 PM
A model with an Early Warning Override has the interceptor rule. Any weapons that fire via interceptor may not fire next turn but the model is allowed to fire any other weapons it has.

So how does this interfere with the Multispectrum Sensor Suite or the Command and Control Node? Both of them require the unit to forgo their shooting to use.

The example:

I have a Crisis Commander with two missile pods, EWO, Velocity Tracker, MS3 and C2 Node uses the missile pods to intercept an incoming aircraft in the enemy movement phase. During my shooting phase can he forgo shooting to use his signature systems even though he has no weapons to fire because he used them to intercept?

Bureaucrat
01-05-2014, 05:39 PM
The exact wording of CaCN and MSS is "If a model with this wargear does not shoot,...". So yes, the sig. systems would activate by default if other weapons fired interceptor. Same thing if the model had no weapons at all.

chicop76
01-05-2014, 05:46 PM
It is actually a good combo. It allows a model that wouldn't normally fire to be able to shoot at models coming on th the table. However I don't really see the point in spending more points doing so.

kingsfan2099
01-05-2014, 07:18 PM
The CaCN says only in that shooting phase and the MSS says cannot be used to Overwatch.

chicop76
01-05-2014, 09:22 PM
The CaCN says only in that shooting phase and the MSS says cannot be used to Overwatch.

You missing the point completely.

You take a command with 2 missles, mss, and interceptor. What it does is allow the commander to fire via interceptor or during over watch since he won't be shooting at all during the shooting phase due to MSS.

Trianglebob777
01-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Kings, Chicop has the right of it. Also after reading the last sentence of bureaucrat's post I feel like this is a silly question.

DaveTycho
01-07-2014, 02:32 AM
I know that this is a bit off topic, but since everyone is talking about MMS and C'n'CN, but the rules say you can't use both at the same time, but does that mean a model with both can't use them at the same time or a unit with both (ie one model in the unit has MMS and another model has C'n'CN) can't use them at the same time?