PDA

View Full Version : Grav Weapons + Jaws

gettothegone
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Simple question:

If you are hit with a grav weapon, are you now considered I1 if you are affected by Jaws?

Thanks,

chicop76
01-03-2014, 12:20 PM
So are you asking that if you are hit with a conclusive weapon that lowers you to I1 and than use Jaws afterwards would you totally screw over the models that are lowered to I1.

Another reason to nerf Jaws I say.

Nabterayl
01-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Yes. Unlike some special rules, which only cause a model to attack at I1 (e.g., Unwieldy), Concussive actually reduces your Initiative for a specified period of time. As page 43 says (emphasis mine):

A model that suffers one or more unsaved Wounds from a weapon with this special rule is reduced to Initiative 1 until the end of the following Assault phase.

gettothegone
01-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Danke.

Phototoxin
01-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Aside from wraith knights and maybe Talos where would this be particularly useful? Most MCs have a low init anyway. Dropping from I2 to I1 assuming you've wounded it isn't that big a buff. You'd be better off trying to jaws it straight off and saving the grav guns for something else.

DarkLink
01-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Most MCs have high Initiative. Daemon Princes, Dreadknights, Hive Tyrants, Tervigons, Greater Daemons... Riptides, Tervigons, and Carnifexes are the exception to the rule.

gettothegone
01-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Most MCs have high Initiative. Daemon Princes, Dreadknights, Hive Tyrants, Tervigons, Greater Daemons... Riptides, Tervigons, and Carnifexes are the exception to the rule.

Good applications for this are everywhere, not just MC's, but the above is a good example of intentions explained. Except change Tervs to Trygons but the idea is there.