PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Tau Question??

Brother Tibirius
12-15-2009, 09:26 AM
While reading the treads in 40k secret i came across the mention of Rise of the Tau by Revenant i started reading it on the Bolter and chainsword forum but it seem's to end abruptly at chapter 206 .... is there anymore ?? or does it really end like that ??

Praise be our lord Sanguinius and is Father the Mighty Emperor of man

Just_Me
12-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Had never heard of it before, I just skimmed it a second ago, and I must say it looks like fairly typical fanfic; hopelessly contrived plot (the Tau, biggest strategic joke in the 40k universe acting as C'tan cat's paws, conquering the Orks, and closing the Eye of Terror which they can't even reach with their fisher's price my first warp drives? seriously?) and dropping every name possible (in my brief perusal I saw Czevak, Kryptman, Calgar, Cypher, a once again hale and healthy Guilliman, and the forgeworld Ryza, half of them in the same paragraph).

However, leaving all of this aside (and I didn't read enough to actually cast judgment), it might be that the writer is still working on it, or that he/she stopped writing it (it is extremely long). Alternatively, it seems entirely possible that it is in fact over. Your best course of action might be to track down the original source forum and ask the author directly, or failing that try to find them on The Bolter and Chainsword, if they gave permission to have it reposted there (as is indicated) then they likely have an account there.

Sarpedon
12-27-2009, 02:13 PM
its possible that because the story is based on the Black Library forum (which is down for site reconstruction) that Revrent simply hasn't posted any new material.

waltzmelancholy_07
04-22-2010, 03:20 AM
There is another site... Warseer.... A fan of his posted chapters 1 to 228... So far, it still far from being finished:)...

Cheers!

waltzmelancholy_07
04-22-2010, 03:34 AM
Had never heard of it before, I just skimmed it a second ago, and I must say it looks like fairly typical fanfic; hopelessly contrived plot (the Tau, biggest strategic joke in the 40k universe acting as C'tan cat's paws, conquering the Orks, and closing the Eye of Terror which they can't even reach with their fisher's price my first warp drives? seriously?) and dropping every name possible (in my brief perusal I saw Czevak, Kryptman, Calgar, Cypher, a once again hale and healthy Guilliman, and the forgeworld Ryza, half of them in the same paragraph).

However, leaving all of this aside (and I didn't read enough to actually cast judgment), it might be that the writer is still working on it, or that he/she stopped writing it (it is extremely long). Alternatively, it seems entirely possible that it is in fact over. Your best course of action might be to track down the original source forum and ask the author directly, or failing that try to find them on The Bolter and Chainsword, if they gave permission to have it reposted there (as is indicated) then they likely have an account there.

Read it thoroughly and finish it...

A few can fit all the fluffs of Warhammer 40,000 in one story and arranged them in such a way that you might think it's canon.

The author of the Rise of the Tau managed to do just that...

Cheers!

05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
its never commin back cause there aint no more forum FML

RocketRollRebel
05-02-2010, 02:35 AM
I read a bit of it a few years ago and ir was pretty entertaining.