PDA

View Full Version : 1250 point Chaos list - local store tournament

portonion
01-02-2014, 03:08 PM
HQ

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with 3 psyker levels, black mace, power armour and wings.

Troops

15 x cultists with 13 autoguns, 1 flames and champion with pistol and close combat weapon

15 x cultists with 13 autoguns, 1 flames and champion with pistol and close combat weapon

Fast

2 Helldrakes with baleflamers

Heavy

Vindicator with extra armour, dozer blade and havoc launcher

Aegis defence line with comms relay.

What do you guys think? I do realise its a little "cheesy"

Sizzly
01-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I think you need one more troop choice. Otherwise you don't fulfill the standard FOC. Unless the tourney is suspending that rule in which case they get what they deserve. *snicker.

But even if you add the minimum number of troops you'll still have a bear of a time winning the kind of missions I've seen at tourneys. At least 2/3rd are pure objective and the ones that are kill point based also have had an objective element. 15 cultists just isn't gonna cut it there.

portonion
01-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Sorry, it's the way I've written it, there's 4 units of cultists of 15 there.

chicop76
01-02-2014, 03:45 PM
How is it cheesy. Kill the prince and flyers and you lose. Not really a cheesy list. The only major threat is the prince followed up with the Hellturkies.

I say you need more threats personally, like oblits, although CSM really do not have many scary models. For example Tau pretty much have threats ranging from fire warriors that can possibly triple fire to riptides, or eldar with rending to wraithknight, etc.

If I was playing heavy two plus armour all I need to do is kill the prince and than eat your troops. If I am non horde than the prince and the turkeys becomes priority. Other than that I can see armies that have really poor anti air and mass fire with marine armour saves with low model count having a hard time with this.