PDA

View Full Version : 2K Malleus Inquisitor + Raven Guard 'Air Cavalry'

Lord Lorne Walkier
12-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Primary Detachment
Codex Inquisition (525 pts)
(1HQ, 1 E)

‘You think us stranded. You think us defeated. Ha! Hear that, heretic? That is the sound of your death approaching…’
– Sergeant Vodius, the Ash World Insurrection

HQ
ORDO MALLEUS (Ordo Astartes) INQUISITOR = 118 pts
Warlord
Terminator armour, Psycannon and Nemesis Daemon hammer, 1 servo-skulls, The Grimoire of True Names.
Psyker: Divination (Mastery Level 1).

Elites
INQUISITORIAL HENCHMEN WARBAND = 407 pts
Acolytex4: 4 x carapace armour, 3xPlasma gun.
Crusader:
Servitor x3: 3x Plasma Cannon.
LAND RAIDER Prometheus:

Ally Detachment
Codex Space Marines (1475pts)
Raven Guard Chapter Tactics
(1 HQ, 1 E, 1 T, 1 FA, 1 HS, + Formation)
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Stormbird?file=Stormbird_flyer.jpg

HQ
Captain = 150
Artificer Armour, Combi Melta , Lightning claw, Jump Pack.

Elites
Vanguard Veterans x5 = 205 pts
Storm Shield, 2x Plasma Pistol, Power Axe, Power Sword, Power Fist, Jump packs.

Troops
Scout Squad x10 = 110

Fast Attack
Assault Squad x10 = 195
Power Sword, Flamer, Plasma pistol.

Heavy Spport
Stormeagle Gunship = 300 pts
Twin-linked Multi-melta, Vengeance launcher, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon.

Formation (Storm Wing)
‘We are the skyborne, the angels macabre, the death that strikes from above. We cut the life-cords of our foes even before they realise the mortal danger they are in. We are the storm incarnate, and we will not be denied.’
– Captain Hougandez of the Mortifactors

Fast Attack
Stormtalon Gunship = 140 pts
Twin-linked Assault cannon, Twin-linked lascannon.

Stormtalon Gunship = 145 pts
Twin-linked Assault cannon, Typhoon ML.

Heavy Spport
Stormraven Gunship = 230 pts
Twin-linked Plasma cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta, 4x Stormstrike missiles, 2x Huricane Bolter.

This Army is a result of a new passion of mine, Raven Guard Jump and Air power. All jump troops will be embarked on the Flyer Transports, Vanguard on the Raven with my Captain, and the Assault on the Eagle. The scout squad will be in combat squads and flank marching, to keep them safe and late game objective grabbing / line breaking. That will leave my =][= and retinue, alone at the start of the game on the table. Their Transport, a Land Raider Prometheus, has the special rule "Improved Comms", Giving me a +1 on all my reserve Rolls. 74% of my army will be held in reserve and the Prometheus will be vital to getting into the fight in a timely manner. My =][= warlord will also try and use his Divination and WL skill to help guarantee the air cavalry arrives on time. Survive turn 1 is job # 1, Air superiority is job #2 and then let loose the hounds. I am well aware of a glaring weakness in the list, a small number of scoring units. I plan on trying to overwhelm my opponent with Air power so they loose site of my weakness.

I choose to make this a =][= Primary detachment force, though it could have been the other way. It could be played as a SM Primary force with no formation. I know some will not like the high # of and pts spent on flyers. Maybe it is a "flyer spamm" list but i feel it is supported by the fluff.

SON OF ROMULOUS
01-02-2014, 11:38 AM
if it is possible i would take off some point and buff those scouts up to a full squad of tactical marines. they can still fit in either the raven or the eagle but at this point they will be able to dish out pain as well as recvieve damage with out loosing to many of their numbers. you can easily do this by dropping the plasma pistols they wont be worth it on vanguard to be honest you will get to shoot with them maybe once maybe twice. for their points you'd be closer to that tac squad. the plasma cannon servitors also should be dropped. you have them in a land raider moving around they wont be firing. and when you do get them out they can't fire. so their expensive and their points if given over will defiantly give you a full taq squad along with some bling if you wish.

Lord Lorne Walkier
01-02-2014, 04:59 PM
The Scouts i plan on flank marching. They are low in numbers and pack no punch at all and i know this. They are there just so i can have a legal list. If they are able to capture a objective or score some points as line breakers then they have done their job. My flyer transports are holding my Jump Pack troops. Vanguard in the Raven, and the Assault in the Eagle. I hear what you are saying about the Plasma Pistols. I have armed my Vets to give them character. I am also hoping that their manner of entering the fight will give the plasma pistols more of an effect. The flexibility that the Flyer Transports offer... I can drop them off so they can attack from what ever angle i wish. The plasma pistols will be hitting the soft under belly of my enemy, if i do it right. You could be right about them being overpriced though, i just don't want to arm them all with power weapons. I do wish i had the points for a Tactical squad over the Scouts. The reason i don't have them i think is the amount of point i was forced to spend on my flyers. My Stormeagle was a bit more pricy then i was hoping for but they are the core of the list.

My Henchman unit will not be in the transport at the start of the game. They might be forced to retreat to it as they will be the only unit on the table at the start but i hope to get a couple rounds of shooting with the heavy plasmas before they wither. I should be out gunned 4-1 for about 2 turns so i want my shooting to have some pop maybe force my enemy to over commit to kill them. Its a Dangerous game to play but my =][= is up to the challenge.

Edit.
I dropped 1 Plasma Pistol on my Vanguard for a Storm Shield. After some thought and your Advise i figured one less PP for a Storm Shield would not hurt my character and could increase their survivability. I took those points and some floating in my Retinue to add a 3rd Heavy Plasma.