PDA

View Full Version : IG Steel Legion Sighted "Real or Fake" ?

Bigred
12-30-2013, 02:44 PM
via 4chan/tg/

Sorry, but it was very dark in the Warehouse. And my phone is not that great for pictures anyways.

So, it looks like this http://natfka.blogspot.de/2013/08/imperial-guardsteel-legion-release.html was/is true.
I saw several of these Steel Legion kits. A few big ones too, 2x Tanks and a Flyer, I think they are new.. Not a big IG fan so no idea if new or repack. There was also a bigger Sentinel. (super big size box) I guess that’s a new unit.

By the normal Time schedule we have, you should see this in Stores in 5 weeks

I'll leave the "Real vs Photoshop" arguments up to you... The grammar issues are self evident.

Mr Mystery
12-30-2013, 02:47 PM
That looks kinda like a re-pack?

5 man as well, which seems odd given their armament doesn't look particularly Command Squad.

nicromancer
12-30-2013, 02:50 PM
looks like a reboxing rather than a resculpt.unless different guard regiments can be used in small squads in their new codex then i will remain skeptical.

tcraigen
12-30-2013, 02:51 PM
It does look similar to the old sgt. http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1280585_99110105148_IGSteelLegionSquadMain_873x62 7.jpg
all I can tell is that they are all reverse handed

Kristov_12
12-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Looking at the material of their tunics, on the box it looks more sculpted and 'wavey'. It looks more detailed then the old metal ones. I wouldnt be surprised if the do release them in plastic then a dataslate to support

Skrall
12-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Looks plastic to me. Check out far left top corner... he's got a head i have never seen on any of the current legion sculpts.

As for the 5 man, perhaps GW is boxing them for 'bolster' releases, like the cultist kit. It does give me hope for the new IG stuff.

Big question is though, why rebox metal minis? steel legion may be one of the younger guard sculpts, but it's still dated.

-skrall

Mr Mystery
12-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Shamelessly lifted off the GW Website (hope that doesn't contravene rules Bigred!)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1280585_99110105148_IGSteelLegionSquadMain_873x62 7.jpg

Definite similarities. The models in the first post appear to be these, but mirrored. Which means I very much suspect a Photoshop job.

coffeetable
12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
why are they all left handed?

Skrall
12-30-2013, 02:57 PM
@Mystery; i'll admit the relsemblance is close, but does anyone remember when they designed 4th/5th's new genestealer sculpt? it was designed to fit with the existing range rather than over ride all previous minis. Perhaps, just maybe, GW is doing the same here.

-skrall

Mr Mystery
12-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Yep. Definite photoshop job.

The additional bits, like pouches, bags and clips are the same, the models have just been mirrored.

More balls out of 4chan. Who'dda thunk it?

Cactus
12-30-2013, 02:59 PM
I say fake.

The box doesn't even conform to the GW style (except maybe for some of the Eldar.)

Lord Commissar Wolf
12-30-2013, 03:01 PM
If you look closely at the picture, you can see that the 40k logo and the Miniatures text in the corner are at different angles to each other. This is probably a 'shop.

Bigred
12-30-2013, 03:05 PM
This is why this kind of stuff has to pass the "BoLS Intelligence Service" back here before it hits the frontpage :)

You all are awesome!

This line stands out as somewhat not 007 in character:

Sorry, but it was very dark in the Warehouse. And my phone is not that great for pictures anyways.
Seems kinda amateur-hour to me. Just wandering around a GW warehouse at night... really?

It would seem that someone is trolling Faeit by name...

KaiZie
12-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Yeah gw don't tend to shut down euro hub if I remember rightly. It's a 24/7 kinda deal so no dark warehouse there. The models don't even fit the current IG scale and shape. Oh well, better luck next time Photoshoppers

Mr Mystery
12-30-2013, 03:14 PM
It's also kind of hard to get into unless you actually work there....

New GW staff (at least used to) get a tour of it, but can't just wander in willy-nilly. Chances of some internet spod getting in? Pretty much zero without a case of breaking and entering being involved!

Heroka Vendile
12-30-2013, 03:16 PM
yeah this is fake - definitely mirrored and doctored images as other have said. To my mind another more general clue is that it's 5 guard models in a box, yet they clearly aren't command or veterans, so it's straight up the wrong number for the box size.

daboarder
12-30-2013, 03:22 PM
they're crooked, as in compare the way the bases line up to the 40k logo

nathaneal246
12-30-2013, 03:24 PM
I was licking my lips when I saw the thread title! Looking at that picture has left a certain taste of disappointment!

euansmith
12-30-2013, 03:28 PM
I think the box art looks too plain for the recent GW releases.

Katharon
12-30-2013, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Steel Legion gets some plastic love this new release though, considering that the big center piece for Apocalypse was the "War for Armageddon". While this might be someone's wishful thinking (and not-so-skilled use of Photoshop), it is still not beyond the realm of possibility to see the SL in plastic. I just won't hold my breath on it.

TheKennanator
12-30-2013, 03:43 PM
I'll parrot in with the crookedness of the logo w/relation to the other text on the box. Plus the ratio of lefties to non-existent righties screams mirrored image.

Finally, when has GW ever put out box art that placed models on a mirrored surface? If they have, I haven't seen it.

Mr Mystery
12-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Well indeed.

But will there be space for them as a kit? At the moment, there are two plastic regiments out there, and Heavy Weapons teams for both. To add a third would likely necessitate the same. Infantry, and Heavy boxes. So for the IG release, that's two 'kit windows' taken up.

If we can make the (relatively safe) assumption that we will get a new unit or two (possibly dual kit) and something old switching to plastic (Veterans or Stormtroopers would be my guess) it doesn't rule it out :)

olberon
12-30-2013, 03:49 PM
first look : yes if this is real im getting back to IG

Second look: deffo fake, models are not posed as GW does, and a clean overlay to models found on the website show to much similairities with the boxes now available. Id say someone is hoping real hard for steel legion to get back (so do i btw )

Sargejohnson
12-30-2013, 05:38 PM
I'd say that as much as I'd love some plastic SL, that it's not going to happen any time soon. I got excited to find out that GW was revisiting my favorite battle, only to see in Apocalypse 2.0 that they'd entirely swapped out the metal SL units for stupid Cadians painted in a SL-esque paint scheme and called them "Steel Legion". But here's hoping!

IyandenSun
12-30-2013, 11:20 PM
I say if it is photo shopped, good job! They look better now I would have actually considered buying them.
(don't like current look, sorry guys)

If it is real, you'ld expect GW to use a similar model scheme.

Albrecht Hexenjaeger
12-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Bad wishlisted Photoshop job. They'ed more than likely be plastic these days, and these are the old metals.