PDA

View Full Version : Highlight color needed.

lobster-overlord
12-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi all,

I'm using Vallejo's Game Colour Camouflage Green as a base color on my IG tanks. Does anyone know what color is the high light color for this (out of the pot) from the Vallejo or GW line? I cannot figure it out, and short of mixing it myself, I don't have a clue. I don't want to mix it, as I am in process of painting 6 Leman Russ, 3 Chimeras, a Hellhound, A Hellhammer and a Stormlord, so I want to be able to have it in quantity, and not have to mix up a gallon of it.

Thanks

John M>

fuzzbuket
12-13-2009, 03:28 AM
I dont know the exact shade of green but remember this
dark green- 1.1 dark green,light green-light green- 1.1light green+bleach bone- bleach bone- skull white

sounds complicated but it easier than using just green-white in a gazillion stages:D

lobster-overlord
12-13-2009, 11:07 PM
using your colors, i just did 2:1 Camoufalge Green:Bleached bone, and its perfect.

shadowvast
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I used that color on my Subdjugators space marines. The highlight is model color line #70881 yellow green. no mix required in the first highlight. I mixed in model color lime green (827) about 3 parts yellow green to 1 part lime as the final highlight.

As a side note this color looks BADASS using the dip method to get a really gritty worn look to armor. :D