PDA

View Full Version : First games with Iyanden supplement...

Lost Vyper
12-29-2013, 06:03 AM
Hello again!

On saturday i had a first chance to try out the Iyanden supplement (i guess i was nice, cos Santa brought it :D ). Me and my friend tried out the first two missions (Webway Assault & Feints and Phantoms), i played Iyanden Eldar and he had his Blood Angels.

First about the supplement IMHO :

+ Warlord traits are better than in the Eldar codex, which is odd...i got the 6+ FNP for my Wraithknight Warlord, which was awesome! F U plasma! (with of course an awesome throw :o )
+ Primaris power for Spiritseer is FAR better, than the one in the EC
+ The extra goodies for the Farseer, are always nice. I got the Wraithforge Stone and healed two wounds from the Wraithknight in two turns --> 30p well spent!
+ Strategems seem good too

- Price/Value is not great, i read the fluff in about 20 minutes, i donīt care about the 20 pages of photos...
- Not been able to take them as allies (Wraithknight as WL...)

All and all, too expensive, but with few good tweaks for Eldar

The Missions :

Webway Assault
...hmm...i bet this one hasnīt been test played in GW headquarters...first the enemy places his forces, then Eldar gets to place the portal ANYWHERE, but not closer than 12" from the board edge. I placed mine in front of his huge bike unit. Out came walking WGīs with D-scythes and other set with cannons, plus WK and a WL. AND three WSīs and a Farseer on bike...result after the first round, 2 Landraiders dead, two of the large bike unit left...after the first round, he forfitted after killing ONLY one WS...i would have wiped him off the table in round two...Enemy has NO WAY to go first and Eldar get to assault through the Webway --> WK killed a Landraider that way...well, it was fun for me :)

Thereīs a video recap of Webway Assault found after the BA vs. Eldar 1000p BATREP here

http://www.youtube.com/user/RESEDAPRIME/videos

Feints and Phantoms
This is a good one! I lost the game 4-2, but that was ONLY because in the last round, he made the two last cover saves with the LAST dude holding the objective...Balanced, great mission, thatīll surely play again.

The third one we are going to try next week (unless his wife multiplies :) ) and iīll try to post at least a recap here, but maybe a video batrep...

- Lost Vyper

Garradh
01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Given my well known love of Iyanden, I'm glad you liked the book! Webway Assault is a little on the ridiculous side as the opponent has no way to plan for it and you're starting at a range that means Wraithguard are killing whatever they want on Turn 1. And yes, Veil of Twilight is pretty godly in a Wraith-heavy army. Fast Wraithguard/lords/knights, hooray!