PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos - 1000 point list

Exemplar Of The Host
12-28-2013, 04:14 PM
So I have played many games with my Warriors with varying points costs and varying lists but I am looking to make a sturdy list for a mini tournament my local independent store will be hosting in April 2014.

So I currently am trialling:

DAEMON PRINCE-tzeentch

20 WARRIORS - shields, khorne, full command, banner of rage

GOREBEAST CHARIOT

3 SKULLCRUSHERS - ensorcelled weapons, full command

My only main concern currently is no magic, which can be remedied by losing the daemon prince and taking a sorcerer with armour of destiny and tzeentch on a disc to fly around and blast magic out with a good 4+ armour and 3+ ward save. So I'm going to try both ways and see how it works.

What do you guys think?

MAVV
12-29-2013, 12:59 AM
Looks solid enough. You could drop the command on the SKs and the Banner of Rage to give the DP a wizard level or two, that would solve that problem. You don't want the SK champ in a challenge (because he will have to) and you lose your banner *bearer (an 85 pt model) if the unit breaks for whatever reason. It's been known to happen!

If you're losing combat (and frenzy) with your warriors, you're doing something wrong or are REALLY unlucky, but I've never found that banner worth it's points running my own mon-Khorne warriors. Save the points, and shave off a couple lads for some warhounds, they're worth they're weight in gold for redirecting and making sure you control that frenzy.

*edited, addition

Exemplar Of The Host
12-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Yea I wanted to give the daemon prince wizard levels but not enough points as only 250 allowed so not much room. I might drop the champ in the crushers but keep the standard and musician for swift reforms and extra combat res, I could even then use the points saved on the champ for the war banner for a further plus 1 combat res so on the charge even in the front rank I'm up by 3 already before dealing damage. I had hounds in my original list that included hellstriders with scourges and 5 hounds instead of the Chariot which I may revert back to due to the fact I can't march the chariot but the fast cav can get up the board quick to redirect a charge exposing a flank for the crushers or warriors to move on.

Learn2Eel
12-29-2013, 05:29 AM
My thoughts are these;

1) Switch the Daemon Prince to a Sorcerer Lord with an Enchanted Shield and maybe a Mark of Nurgle if you want to swap your Warriors around. He will be much harder to kill overall (not out by his lonesome with only a 5+ ward save with re-rolls of 1s) and actually has ablative wounds against shooting. Also, having a Level 3 Wizard will not only be superb for magic defence, but could give you a massive advantage if your opponent only has a Level 1 or 2 which isn't uncommon at such a low points limit.

2) The Warriors aren't really equipped well I would say, the Mark of Khorne gives you Frenzy, meaning you can't use the parry saves from your shields. I understand you get a 3+ armour save, but you are better off taking Tzeentch and making them a 3+ armour/5+ ward save unit. If you are running the unit five-wide, you would only lose out on five attacks anyway. Besides, 20 Warriors should really be winning combats unless you have allowed yourself to get flank charged by a decent sized unit, so the Banner of Rage is really unnecessary. Alternatively, if you take a Nurgle Sorcerer Lord then making the Warriors Nurgle as well would be a great idea.

3) Drop the command on the Skullcrushers, aside from the musician. The banner bearer might seem to be worth it, but trust me - and ESPECIALLY at 1000 points - Skullcrushers simply do not lose combats by 1. They either do really darn well, or they get monstered - the former being by far the most common result. At 1000 points, there won't be much at all that can stop them once they get into combat, so taking the banner won't make any difference.

Exemplar Of The Host
12-31-2013, 08:42 AM
So as a post game summary I was very pleased with this list, however I will be making a change to a Sorcerer and dropping the Daemon Prince. However with that said I won the game very comfortably. I took a total of 3 wounds, 1 warrior, 1 wound on a Skullcrusher and 1 wound on the Daemon Prince. In return I comfortably tabled my opponent in turn 3 with a nice long distance charge from my Skullcrushers pinning his remining 10 man unit of Swordmasters between the crushers and my now 19 warriors.

I may also as a note for a trial drop the chariot and replace with my original idea of 5 hounds and 5 Hellstriders to make the army even faster, but this will probably only work to start wth against my opponent who plays High Elves as there is nothing of great concern to worry about. I am overall trying to builkd this list to be my basis for my 1250 point list for a local tournament, so as it stands as long as no one brings lore of metal im in good stead lol.

Learn2Eel
12-31-2013, 09:39 PM
So as a post game summary I was very pleased with this list, however I will be making a change to a Sorcerer and dropping the Daemon Prince. However with that said I won the game very comfortably. I took a total of 3 wounds, 1 warrior, 1 wound on a Skullcrusher and 1 wound on the Daemon Prince. In return I comfortably tabled my opponent in turn 3 with a nice long distance charge from my Skullcrushers pinning his remining 10 man unit of Swordmasters between the crushers and my now 19 warriors.

I may also as a note for a trial drop the chariot and replace with my original idea of 5 hounds and 5 Hellstriders to make the army even faster, but this will probably only work to start wth against my opponent who plays High Elves as there is nothing of great concern to worry about. I am overall trying to builkd this list to be my basis for my 1250 point list for a local tournament, so as it stands as long as no one brings lore of metal im in good stead lol.

Just an FYI that High Elves can be a pretty bad match-up for Warriors of Chaos if they are built right, watch out for White Lions with the Banner of the World Dragon in particular as they will smash your Skullcrushers into the ground.

Two drops are better than one, Hellstriders aren't anything special from my experience with them but they are so darn fast and should push over war-machines with ease - which, really, are the only things that should threaten your Skullcrushers at this point limit.

Baneblade
01-30-2014, 12:29 AM
The Banner of Rage is much better on the Skullcrushers. For one reason, it gives frenzy to the Juggernauts, which gives them 4 attacks.