PDA

View Full Version : Rain of Blood and Artillery Shells

vvortex3
12-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Hey Everyone! This is my first post on BoLS. I'm hoping to get some feedback on my most recent army list. I like to play fairly aggro lists so Blood Angels came to mind. I know it has almost no AA, I'm thinking at 2k points to field a Stormraven. The issue with drop pods is that to make an alpha strike it takes up almost all of my points making it hard to fit any AA into the list. I thought it'd be better to strengthen the alpha strike using artillery rather than buy AA. I can always hold back the HQ from the initial pod drop and use them to snapfire against AA with their 8 plasma shots. Here is the list:

Alpha Strike
---------------------
310 - HQ - Librarian
Shield of sanguinius, blood lance
5 honor guard
Free blood chalice with honor guard
1 combi plasma on libby, 2 melta, 3 combi plasma
drop pod

175 - Troop - (7) death company (with bolters)
Drop pod

480 - 3x ELITE -Furioso Dreadnaught
drop pod
melta gun and blood fist, frag cannon, smoke

Second wave
---------------------------
110 - Troop A - 100pt (5) - Assault Squad
melta gun
FREE DROP POD

110 - Troop B - 100pt (5) - Assault Squad
melta gun
FREE DROP POD

110 - Troop C - Assault squad
melta gun
FREE DROP POD

110 - Troop D - Assault squad
melta gun
FREE DROP POD

IG Allies
===============
Imperial Guard

HQ - Company command squad = 85
master of ordinance
mortar

Troop -
Veterans 70

Heavy-
3x Griffon 225

Elite - Guardsman Marbo = 65

Total: 1850 points

General idea:
Alpha strike primary threats, try to take out anything that can threaten furiosos if possible
If the opponent castles due to seeing 9 drop pods, artillery strike them since they're probably spread out to deny drop pods the scatter will be fine
If the opponent goes after the artillery…it's all over because I will just drop pod on them piecemeal as needed
If the opponent doesnt castle, normal drop pod assault behind tanks

Turn 1:
Drop HQ, drop death company, drop 3 furiosos
On the board: 5 pods, 3 furioso dreads, 1 librarian with 5 honour guard, shooty death company
Weapons firing first turn: 5 storm bolters (pods), 14 bolters (death company), 3 melta guns and 6 frag cannon templates(furiosos), 2 melta gun shots and 8 combi-plasma gun shots (hq), (1 mortar, 3 griffons, 1 artillery bombardment all indirect) and all of this goes more or less wherever wanted
Due to Sanguinary Shield, at least infantry is 5+ cover (4+ go to ground), all blood angels have 5+ feel no pain, all artillery is out of LOS,
All armor on the board is AV13

Turn 2:
Roll 3+ for the remaining 4 drop pods and Marbo each of which has melta or marbo's demolition charge