PDA

View Full Version : Drone Controller & Velocity Tracker?

david5th
12-28-2013, 07:58 AM
I apologise if this has been brought up before. :)

I've just started a Tau force and have built a Riptide with standard weapons + 2 x shielded missile drones.

If i was to give the Rip tide both a Drone Controller & Velocity Tracker would the drones benefit from the Skyfire rule?

Any and all help grateful.

David5th

Iceman
12-28-2013, 08:59 AM
They do not. The drone controller only passes on the ballistic skill. It does not pass on Skyfire. Consider giving your Riptide just the Early Warning device. That will grant Interceptor to the Riptide and allow it to shoot at stuff arriving from reserves. Also, consider not including the missile drones. They count as part of the unit and if one gets destroyed, the Riptide has to take a morale check.

Nursenick
12-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I apologise if this has been brought up before. :)

I've just started a Tau force and have built a Riptide with standard weapons + 2 x shielded missile drones.

If i was to give the Rip tide both a Drone Controller & Velocity Tracker would the drones benefit from the Skyfire rule?

Any and all help grateful.

David5th

Drone controller only passes on BS, not specific rules, so no go, but I like how you think.

Patrick Boyle
01-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Drone controller only passes on BS, not specific rules, so no go, but I like how you think.

The Drone Controller also only applies to Gun, Marker and Sniper drones, so the shielded missile drones can't benefit from it anyway.