PDA

View Full Version : The Crusade of the Red Redemption

SecondJames
12-27-2013, 11:54 AM
A few months ago, I got it into my head to make a Redemptionist Crusade for Necromunda, in case I ever find a group that plays Necromunda. I've had so much fun making the gang that I've decided to keep on going with it and make a 40k army (counts-as Vraksian Renegades.) Here are the pics of the initial force-

The whole Crusade so far:

The Zealots:

Autogunners and Lasgunner:

Converts, because that is the most fun special rule ever:

'Military Adviser:'

So that is what I have so far. I've already spent some of my Christmas swag on a set of Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultists that I'll be de-Chaosing to make more Crusaders/Devotees.

Bigred
12-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome aboard James and thanks for sharing!

FYI, you can paste the URL of your images using the little "picture icon" in the post editor in the future. That way, the images will automatically show up in your posts instead of being links.

Let's see more of your stuff!

-Larry

SecondJames
12-29-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm put in the pictures instead of links, here's the rest:

The Priests and Deacons:

Shotgunners and Grenadier:

Melee Crusaders/Devotees

I've started working on the set of ranged Dark Vengeance cultists. I'm pretty sure I've got all the Chaos emblems shaved off, I just need to green stuff over the Leader and Heavy Stubber gunner's indented ones, then accessorize and base.

Sizzly
12-29-2013, 09:41 AM
I really dig the look of these zealots. Good show!

Dimitrios
12-29-2013, 06:50 PM
You've definitely given your models a fantastic sense of character! They are quite fun :)

Might I suggest you experiment with some washes? Maybe try a nuln oil (black) wash... it will add a new level of detail to your models :)

SecondJames
01-31-2014, 01:25 AM
Finished up the first graduating class of 2014.

Autogun Crusaders plus shotgunner:
More autogun Crusaders plus Heavy Stubber:
Another Zealot:

I've already started on the melee cultists, I should have them done in two weeks or so.

SecondJames
03-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Well, it took longer than I though but I've finished the next batch of models for my Redemptionist Crusade.

Some Melee Crusaders/Devotees:

More Melee Devotees with a Flamer:

And finally two Priests:

I have one more Priest I'm painting, then some more generics made from some plastic Goliath gangers I found on eBay. And after that, a big project- converting an Ork Trukk into a Technical.