Pick your poison:

Which of the three options would you most want in 2014:

1) Leave 40K Alone! - Release WFB 9th in 2014

2) I'm ready for Change! - Release an all new 7th Edition 40K

3) Things are a Bit Sloppy - Release a FAQed + Expansions "6.1" 40K

Go Vote!

thegreedyfly
12-27-2013, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't mind them doin either 9th Edition Fantasy (as I love Fantasy and I think theres only a few things that need changing *cough* Always Strikes First, re-roll to hit *cough*) but then on the other hand I only think there is a few things that need changing in 6th Edition 40k like the fact Rhinos are absolutely rubbish now not being able to charge after gettin out if it didnt move.

Deadlift
12-27-2013, 12:03 PM
I went with the 1st option. I know in my gaming group if 7th were released only 2 years after 6th there would be quite a few disgruntled gamers. Not unless the rule books going to be free.

Mr Mystery
12-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Option 4 for me. Rumour is made up. Possibly by a site disgruntled at a C&D?

rat319
12-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Can't afford any new rule books. So leave it alone. But A BIG FAQ is needed.

Peter Mcbride
12-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Can't afford any new rule books. So leave it alone. But A BIG FAQ is needed.

i agree, even if they did release it, me and my gaming group wouldn't buy it this soon, moneys tight at the moment all round, if GW keep pushing new rules this quickly we would probably all jump ship to a different system for our new purchases and carry on with the armys we got for 6th

pgarfunkle
12-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I've barely played any games in 6th so don't fancy a new edition yet. If I was to choose one of the options it would be a new edition of Fantasy but I could honestly happily go another year without that changing too.

Psychosplodge
12-27-2013, 12:50 PM
If you think the price issues are bad now, how pissed would people be on a two year release cycle?

Alstevens83
12-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Personally I would go for just an FAQ update. However I would look to release 9th edition around Jan or Feb next year if it was me.

mysterex
12-27-2013, 02:00 PM
I voted for a new edition so that things hopefully get re-balanced.

To be honest though, the core rules are the best they've released so far. The problem lies with some of the new codexes and supplements and the points pricing of some units in the pre-6th codexes.

Khornel
12-27-2013, 04:19 PM
I was waiting for new Fantasy release to come back to it after 14 years, so I voted 1. Besides, I still haven't played enough 6th edition games to need a change.

Arkhan Land
12-27-2013, 05:13 PM
who remembers windows 2000?

Darren Richardson
12-27-2013, 05:39 PM
I voted for an update to 6.1.

It worked for Dungeons and Dragons, hell people are still using the 3.5 ed rules they put out with Paizo's PathFinder Role Playing Game today, almost a decade on.

Baneblade
12-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Needs some tweaks and polish. Way too early fora new edition. However I disagree with people who think WFB needs 9th edition. No need for an overhaul, just a few tweaks. For example make the Number 6 spells in the rulebook not instakills, but take only a wound like the vortex spells in the army books.

Dalleron
12-27-2013, 10:44 PM
i can't honestly pick an option. I know there are things wrong with 40k in this edition. I don't know if its better than the last ed. If the next "thing" made the game better than it sits now, I'd be down for it.

However, if its just added rules and units, then screw that noise.

daboarder
12-27-2013, 10:50 PM
the game isn't meant to be improved each edition dalleron, its merely meant to be a different version of the same thing with its own imbalances to drive model scales. This may sound skeptical but after 4 edition changes for the sake of changes and the entire concept of perfect imbalance being a part of business its easy to see at work in 40k.

Popsical
12-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Id have to agree with daboarder 90%. I do think they try to improve the rules a bit tho, if only to make the new units they release integrate better.
Ive voted for 7th ed. 6th ed is too experimental from the outset.
So many new rules and unit types have been added to the mix, (which is great) that it was inevitable the game would be clunky and imbalanced (even by 40k standards).

I love dreadnoughts too, which lets face it are dire in 6th.
I love mech marines, which are poor compared to foot or bike marines.
I love flyers, but they are a bit OP at the mo.
Oh and i love forts, and the deployment rules for those show the degree of play testing 6th had.

benzo12
12-28-2013, 09:05 AM
It honestly doesn't feel like that long ago that I plunked down all that cash to get 6th edition- I even bought the big *** main edition instead of waiting for the minibook (which I also purchased), I really do not feel like spending the ridiculous amount of money they charge here in Australia for another book.

If they were to release a consolidated version of the rules and new expansions I wouldn't be too bothered, as the fortifications feel largely optional within the game and I'm absolutely not going to spend the money on a Lords of War unit anytime soon, and I would at least have the option of buying those books to bridge the difference. This still would not be optimal though, I would prefer all expansion material to be separate.

Uncle Nutsy
12-28-2013, 03:29 PM
6th is fine. it plays well and the rules work reasonably well. leave it alone. If you seriously don't like a rule or rules in the book, get together with your buddies and make a house-rule instead of whining about it.

sides.. you REALLY want to go through all this updating nonsense again, where some codecies don't work with a new ruleset until a new FAQ/Errata is published? I sure don't. But even if it did happen, I'd just make houserules to tide me over.