PDA

View Full Version : Wild Speculation, 7th Ed starter set

kire
12-26-2013, 01:24 PM
assuming for a moment that the rumors of 7th Ed 40k in September are true what can we guess about a 7th Ed starer set. (if you wish to dispute to validity of the 7th Ed rumor please see the flame war in "news and rumors" on the matter and don't clog up this thread)

So amusing the rumors are true, and assuming there will be a starter set and amusing that natfka is correct with release order (http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/12/40k-fantasy-release-order.html) then i am inclined to think the set would be Space wolves / Dark eldar with the possibility of being Space wolves / Orks insted. what do the rest of you think.

Lunar Camel
12-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I hope this is wild speculation. This is one reason why I've stopped playing 40k. I have to pay alot of money for a new version of the rules that seem to come out every year.

When I first started playing was in third edition and that lasted for a long time before any serious updates.

Monopoly came out in 1936 and the only thing they've changed was one token.

euansmith
12-26-2013, 03:42 PM
The boxed set will feature the Squats in an epic battle against the Hrud

jifel
12-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm guessing that if 7th edition is true, (I doubt it, but that's not the point) that it will be a very minor overhaul. Honestly it'll be more like 6.5th edition by combining all the supplements into a big book, and changing a few kinks.

SaveModifier
12-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Blood Angels and Orks

Mr Mystery
12-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Could also simply be a re-boxing. Same rules, different models.

But I'm still happy it's a load of old bum grapes.

Wolf of Winter
12-26-2013, 04:44 PM
If a box 6.5 version does come out (which I'm not so sure about, going by what I've read), then I'll be deliriously happy if we get some Wolves. Time for someone other than DA or the UM posterboys to shine :)

Would we really have another set with Orks though? as they came with the AoBR box... I dunno, maybe Eldar? or am I about to get laughed out of the forum? Going by what we've seen with the complexity (and, dare I say it, beauty) of the CSM in the last box set, I'd actually like to see some Eldar in this style.

Denzark
12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
I hope this is wild speculation. This is one reason why I've stopped playing 40k. I have to pay alot of money for a new version of the rules that seem to come out every year.

When I first started playing was in third edition and that lasted for a long time before any serious updates.

Monopoly came out in 1936 and the only thing they've changed was one token.

Umm - Question? If you have stopped playing 40K why do you hope this is wild speculation? What does it matter a jot to a non-player?

Ben_S
12-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Could also simply be a re-boxing. Same rules, different models.

But I'm still happy it's a load of old bum grapes.

If anything, I'd have said the other way round. There's nothing wrong with the DV models and those sprues probably haven't paid for themselves yet. So I'd say a rules tweak, to incorporate things that have changed in later supplements, but the same models in the box set.

Mr Mystery
12-26-2013, 05:46 PM
But nothing has been changed. Added yes, but the core rules remain as they were 18 months ago.

Whole rumour is very clearly made up.

Arkhan Land
12-26-2013, 07:44 PM
imperial gaurd and dark eldar :p

Cactus
12-26-2013, 10:58 PM
7th in September? I think it will include a bridge.

Xaric
12-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Gray Knights and Daemons because gray knights have yet to get a codex update and matt ward seems to be taking over :D

GrauGeist
12-27-2013, 02:59 AM
No new starter set - this would be a rules cleanup that everyone should buy.

Xaric
12-27-2013, 03:04 AM
No new starter set - this would be a rules cleanup that everyone should buy.

Or they could be making fantasy and 40k joint rules together so you would need 1 set of rules to play both games thus people could understand both games easier hell most of the rules in fantasy and 40k are the same just worded different and then GW can profit more due to people would be able to play both games but would need 2 army's for each game I can see 40k getting a new phase psyker phase in the future and rolled just like fantasy most people i ask why they do not play both is because they dont want to carry 2 books around or dont want to learn more rules to a game with a huge amount of rules to remeber.

Turner
12-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Then in a brilliant, well thought out stroke of genius GW releases a "core" set of rules that 40k and Fantasy use... which allow people to have their Fantasy army face off against someone's 40k army.

Kaptain Badrukk
12-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Freakin sweet! I can finally have my tyranids eat dwarves, reliving the glory days of when they wiped 40ks most F**KTarded race off the face of the hobby (thank goodness).

Arkhan Land
12-27-2013, 07:55 AM
someone find that old article about Warhammer Fantasy Battle, IN SPACE?

on a serious note, this would be a true ploy to get new gamers in WFB, Now if we could loop in WHB... The Perpetuals Campaign...

Mr Mystery
12-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Guessing most haven't actually played Warhammer.... Despite sharing many common rules, the games play very differently.

Plus, obvious rumour of rubbish remains obvious :p

Alstevens83
12-27-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't know I think how they have been doing the supplement codex's, stuff like new released books (the one with the super heavy rules and buildings... forgot their names) and the apocalypse expansion books it seems that GW is doing everything possible to extend the life of the current ed. I cannot remember if there was any major expansions in 5th ed.

I guess the only thing to do is to wait and see what if these rumors pan out.