PDA

View Full Version : Kill Team: No brotherhood of psykers

Nefarius Drapesh
12-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Just reading through the Kill Team digital release thingy.

Under the Kill Team mission rules is the rule of "psychic solitude" stating that the brotherhood of psykers rule has no effekt in Kill Team.
(for easier understanding: in Kill Team every model is also treated as a unit on it's own)

So does this mean that models with the brotherhood of psyker rule loose their psyker status and abilities, thus no longer being able to cast any psy stuff?

Or does this just mean that every single model of the former squad of brotherhood of psykers now is treated as a psyker on it's own thus receiving individual perils of the warp, but also every model being able to perform psy stuff?

We're going to play some Kill Team tournaments and campaigns soon and we will definitely have some grey knight and daemon players around :/

Thx in advance for any help

DarkLink
12-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Poorly thought out rule by gw. It should be the latter, though.

olberon
12-26-2013, 03:13 PM
if you are setting up a tournament/campain tweak the rules a bit to allow daemons and grey knights to use their power on each other but in games where not both are present to not allow them

DarkLink
12-26-2013, 03:21 PM
How does that make any sense. I mean, the whole point of horrors is that they have a psychic shooting attack. They can't do anything else. Amd GK powers all scale with the squad size. You try Hammerhand on 10 models and you'll lose one or two. Arbitrarily banning random aspects of a given unit is silly.

Tynskel
12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
How does that make any sense. I mean, the whole point of horrors is that they have a psychic shooting attack. They can't do anything else. Amd GK powers all scale with the squad size. You try Hammerhand on 10 models and you'll lose one or two. Arbitrarily banning random aspects of a given unit is silly.

it seems to me that it would be pretty easy to make a house rule that says that everyone that is in squad coherency with the 'squad leader' would benefit from the 'brotherhood of psykers' rule.

hisdudeness
12-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Or we just treat each model as if it were the last model of a unit in a normal game. I don't seem to remember the game breaking when that happens. No rules changes, no house rules...

It may seem broken but it's not and people will realize this when they play a game of kill team.

DarkLink
12-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I think that it's what is intended. Single model units don't need brotherhood of psykers, after all.

daboarder
12-26-2013, 11:48 PM
I definitely think that it was intended that each model acts as an individual psyker for kill teams, though it is worded badly it would be consistent with other squad rules.

hisdudeness
12-27-2013, 06:16 AM
A point Darklink...BoP is still needed, it gives the the "unit" psyker level 1. But the rest of the rule works just fine one single model units.

Which is why I'm confused as to why Kill Team says to not use BoP. No psyker levels on a Grey Knight and he is worthless, over priced, and cannot use a majority of his equipment/rules.

I hope it is not some perceived "balance" issue they are trying to fix. As soon as people realize what a "unit" is in Kill Team one will see that it is not an issue.