PDA

View Full Version : Tau 2000 Points

Pure Legend
12-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Hi just wondering what anyone thinks about this for a list. I will be taking this or something to my local club in the next few weeks and try to get a game in. Initial response is Escalation and Stronghold Assault sucks and the majority won't play against it, though this seems to be the same attitude towards Codex Tau if I'm to be honest. Anyway I'll take my fortifications along and see what happens. I like a strong list but not too over-strong as I like to try new tactics out etc. Here it goes:-

ETHEREAL 055 Points
• Honour Blade

CADRE FIREBLADE 060 Points

FIRE WARRIOR TEAM (12) 108 Points

FIRE WARRIOR TEAM (12) 108 Points

FIRE WARRIOR TEAM (10) 090 Points

FIRE WARRIOR TEAM (10) 090 Points

XV104 RIPTIDE 190 Points
• Twin-linked Fusion Blaster
• Ion Accelerator
• Early Warning Override

XV104 RIPTIDE 190 Points
• Twin-linked Fusion Blaster
• Ion Accelerator
• Early Warning Override

PATHFINDER TEAM (10) 110 Points

PATHFINDER TEAM (10) 110 Points

HAMMERHEAD GUNSHIP 193 Points
• Twin-linked Smart Missile System
• Longstrike
• Disruption Pod
• Seeker Missile

XV88 BROADSIDE TEAM 186 Points
• Twin-linked High-yield Missile Pod
• Seeker Missile
• Velocity Tracker

FIRESTORM REDOUBT
• Punisher Gatling Gun (2) 255 Points
• Magos Machine Spirit
• Void Shield

FIRESTORM REDOUBT 255 Points
• Magos Machine Spirit
• Void Shield

Ursa
12-26-2013, 11:00 AM
First response is why the redoubts? Protection? Firepower? With Tau I feel they are unnessesarry. No crisis or stealth suits will seriously hurt your mobility. Staying in a fixed position in the fortifications id going to make you VERY vulnerable to assault. A couple drop pods in your face will bog your warriors down. A fast moving army will get too you if they have any cover. In an open field you'll do well. In a standard battle your lack of mobility will hurt. Objective based games your in a lot of trouble. Over 20% of your army is immobile.

chicop76
12-28-2013, 09:58 AM
I would second on the redoubts.

I would say drop the iron head and take a sky ray or devilish.

Katharon
12-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Redoubts give him a lot of protection for his FW squads and some necessary anti-air capability. I wouldn't have gone with that solution or fortification, but hey -- if its what you wanna do, it's what you're gonna do.

chicop76
12-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Redoubts give him a lot of protection for his FW squads and some necessary anti-air capability. I wouldn't have gone with that solution or fortification, but hey -- if its what you wanna do, it's what you're gonna do.

He has broadsides with seeker missiles. Also high yield sides are pretty good anti air.

Personally I think kyray and devilfish would be better.

TauBoss
01-23-2014, 09:42 AM
If you are taking this list to a tournament, drop the etheral, if he dies, and he is your warlord. Your opponent gets 2 victory points.