PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my Tzeentch CSM/Daemon list for 2000 points

Xaric
12-24-2013, 02:25 AM
Terminator Sorcerer of tzeentch
Mastary lv 3 (150pts)

2 units of 5 Thousand Sons
Icon of flame and Rhino's with Havoc launcher each (424pts)

Herald of Tzeentch
Mastary lv 3 locus of Conjuration and a Exalted Reward (150pts)

1 unit of 17 Pink Horrors
Iridescent Horror with a Greater Reward and a Blasted Standard (198pts)

Sorry for the layout but i did not want to make it a wall of text but anyway try to keep it tzeentch themed please first time doing CSM and a ally list CSM is the main army because of the rule to turn thousand sons as a Troop. i am thinking to add some Chaos Spawn and fortification not keen on those highly macanical units like the heldrake...

(i would like to add with the sorcerer can he use boon of mutation on the Iridescent Horror?)

if this works out maybe i will make it into a Apoc list with Aetaos'rau'keres, Slayer of Souls leading the pack not fond of the wings :( but everything else looks great

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-24-2013, 05:59 PM
The boon chart only effects the primary so you wont be able to buff the horrors. i would ask you with this list what your plans were to deal with things like Armour and fliers? i would also suggest you add some additional bodies to the Thousand sons squads. you could even take a 2nd unit of horrors if you wanted to boost your anti infantry shooting. that would give you 4 squads and a ton of firepower. Any remaining points can go to anti air and anti tank

Xaric
12-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Where does it say it only effects the primary detachment? i am looking at the abilty it saids "A friendly character within 2" takes a strength 4 AP- hit. then rolls on the chaos boon table" as daemons are battle brothers they should be able to gain boons from the boon table due to battle brothers being classed as freindly. I dont know i could be missing rules not the first time where a rule should be with another rule but is not and is placed on another page.

i was going to give them a fortification too for the pink horrors to lay low in that has Skyfire i understand soul grinder has skyfire but he gets targeted by everything and i dont have much fondness for the model

chicop76
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
???

I seriously doubt daemons have the boon capabilities. I'll double check when I am really bored. What I remember however is for the boon to work you have to kill something as a character or purchase it as war gear. Without looking at a FAQ or the CSM codex I would be safe to say that turning into a potential spawn is something the CSM can do and not daemons.

I would say you should take a Tzeentch Herald. The strength 6 shooting and the extra psychic on the field is helpful. Also the unit with prescience can decide to go anti air as well.

I would say take oblits and a soul grinder to help balance out your list.

blackarmchair
01-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Just pulled-up the CSM book to prove Xaric wrong; he's right.

chicop76
01-05-2014, 10:03 PM
I took the time to actually glance over the rule for about 30seconds. I really didn't want to look it up since I was hoping someone would chime in.

Basically to get the boon you have to be a champion of chaos. You have to have the champion of chaos special rule and be a character. Since the horrors fail to be champions of chaos they fail to get benefits of that rule set.