PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Eldar

Geryon
12-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Hallo yall!!!
I'm currently building my Eldar army and I'm starting to make some army lists (the other half of this army will be arriving shortly)...

So!!! some points...
I want to include the two Wraithknights that are on their way, as well as a Mantle Autarch(as I'm planning a nice Illic conversion that I'm really excited about)
I like the Spiders, but I can leave without them. Same as the Fire Dragons. The 3 Wave Serpents are kind of mandatory though, as I have already painted them

and the list:

Farseer - Jetbike, Anath'lan

Autarch - Jetbike, Mantle, Fusion, Lance

3 Jetbike - 1 SC

3 Jetbike - 1 SC

6 Jetbike - 2 SC

5 Dire Avengers

Wave Serpent - TL Scatter Laser, SC, Holo-fields

5 Dire Avengers

6 Fire Dragons

8 Warp Spiders

Wraithknight

Wraithknight

What do you think? My spiders are for anti air duty as well...I was considering Tau Commander Ally + min Kroot + Quad Gun for anti air, but I figured I'd firstly make a pure army and then mix and match with allies

Criticize please!!!!!!

Anggul
12-23-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm not really seeing much point in the Autarch. He isn't likely to accomplish a huge amount, I think more Dire Avengers would be better than having him.

DarkLink
12-23-2013, 04:19 PM
He's not bad, though in my experience a Farseer with thee mantle works better overall. Just as potentially annoying for your opponent, but more utilitarian in general.

Deadlift
12-23-2013, 04:55 PM
I like the "Mantarch" build a lot, but I also add the Banshee mask on him too. The -5 I to your opponent is well worth the points.

Geryon
12-30-2013, 01:46 AM
How about this version? More anti-air, and a guaranteed cover for the Serpents Turn 1

Farseer - Jetbike, Spear, Anath'lan, Mantle

3 Jetbike - 1 SC

3 Jetbike - 1 SC

3 Jetbike - 1 SC

3 Jetbike - 1 SC

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

6 Fire Dragons

8 Warp Spiders

Wraithknight

Wraithknight

I think it's better and more all-around list. Quad + Guided Spiders are enough AA?? I'd like to go the dual Crimson Hunter route, but I still have plenty of work to do, until my current army is finished...

davel
12-30-2013, 04:31 AM
The 3 man jet bike cannon squads. I don't think its a bad option but it is one you have to be wary of. Normally I see 3 jet bikes as objective grabbers no up grades ( yes I use a squad like this myself). The cannon just puts that temptation of come forward and shoot in your mind. Yes I can see the value of all the 4 bikes converging on some unfortunate troop choice and unleashing hell.
It is worth remembering 5 out 6 games troops are essential to win (and that other 1 they are easy kill points if they are caught).
It is the same logic that makes me tend away from under slung shuriken cannon on serpents ( at 1500 pt)
Yes the get buffed by the shield but you can end up with in 24 inches with shields down. That does not tend to end well.

Like I said not a bad option but don't let the temptation cost you the game

Dave l

Geryon
12-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Solid advice!! I'm also a fan of bare minimum units in general...quantity at some point is quality as well...so I think this is a better list!

Farseer

3 Jetbikes

3 Jetbikes

3 Jetbikes

5 Dire Avengers

Wave Serpent

5 Dire Avengers 65

Wave Serpent 145

5 Fire Dragons 110

Wave Serpent 145

Wraithknight 240

Wraithknight 240

ADL + Quad 100

7 Warp Spiders 133

7 Warp Spiders 133

Losing a 3man bike squad, a Fire dragon and 3 Shuriken Cannons for 6 more Warp Spiders
Having the two Spider squads + Quad + 3 WS is as much AA as I can get without adding CHs to the mix...