PDA

View Full Version : Ravenwing/Deathwing 1000pt Tournament List

NEWater
12-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Background: This list is rather slim on troops but this tournament is for newer players like myself and the mission type is going to be kill points only. The aim of this list is to be super aggressive and super killy on turn 1.

HQ:
Sammael on Jetbike

Troops:
2x of

Ravenwing Attack Squad
Sgt with Power Weapon
6 bikes
2 Melta Guns
Attack Bike with Heavy Bolter

Elite:
5 man Deathwing Knights

Fast Attack:
Ravenwing Land Speeder with Typhoon Missile Launchers

Dalleron
12-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Id make the knights regular DW termies to save more points at this level. Maybe make them shooty ones, or TH/SS ones with a missile launcher to take advantage of their special rules. I don't think you'll need 4 melta guns at that level, so I'd take 2 plasma guns with the points saved from the knights.

NEWater
12-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Id make the knights regular DW termies to save more points at this level. Maybe make them shooty ones, or TH/SS ones with a missile launcher to take advantage of their special rules. I don't think you'll need 4 melta guns at that level, so I'd take 2 plasma guns with the points saved from the knights.

I've considered those options before, but there are point cost problems.

1) DW Knights are 235pts. Regular DW squad with 5 TH/SS and CML are 270pts :( Also, DW Knights give me a shot at dealing with any possible anomalies in 1000pt games like say.... Land Raiders with AV14 because of the S10 AP2 ability.

2) Melta Guns are 10pts. Plasma Guns are 15pts. :(

Thatroubleshootah
10-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Bought Ravenwing Command Squad bikes and lost the instruction sheet. Anyopne got a link to the instructions that came in the box?

Thanks all!!

SnakeChisler
10-09-2014, 02:30 AM
You can combat squad the bike units & the attack bikes + buy the speeder with the bikes from the troops slot and its a troop choice

Don't save points by hammering the Deathwing Knights mug up on their special rules Hammer of Wrath, Wall of Shields Bane of the Traitor & don't forget their inner circle so have Hatred CSM & fearless & their WS5 not standard WS4 + the Sgt has 3 Attacks and a different weapon (AP3 S6) of and Smite