PDA

View Full Version : IC's in units

Sinistermind
12-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry guys cant seem to find it, can multiple IC's join a single unit?
thanks!!

Nabterayl
12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes. The top left of page 48 explains that multiple independent characters can join each other to form a single unit. That being the case, there's no reason to believe that multiple independent characters couldn't join any other type of unit (except, of course, for vehicles, vehicle squadrons, and units that disallow joining).

BuFFo
12-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Sorry guys cant seem to find it, can multiple IC's join a single unit?
thanks!!

Yes they can.

DarkLink
12-10-2009, 12:55 AM
IC's can even "join" each other, making super-units.

MarshalAdamar
12-10-2009, 09:03 AM
IC's can even "join" each other, making super-units.

Super units can be fun.

Marshal with Chaplain and tech marine w servo harness and put all them on bikes = ouch

ChaosDave
12-16-2009, 09:50 PM
any universal rule with an asterisk by it is lost when a IC joins.and oddly enough the IC losses fearless if he joins any unit thats not fearless

Duke
12-17-2009, 10:43 AM
any universal rule with an asterisk by it is lost when a IC joins.and oddly enough the IC losses fearless if he joins any unit thats not fearless

MR. captain: Im so tough, look at me, I don't fear anything!! BWAHAHA
Troops: 'Ello sir, were here to fight wit you!
Mr. Captain: Crap! I gotta fight with you guys?! Now Im terrified!

ChaosDave
12-17-2009, 11:06 AM
i found this out when typhus joined his term's and then became afraid of the guard and ran away...it was very sad.

DarkLink
12-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, kinda odd considering that other aspects of a commander's leadership passes on to the squad. Fearless should, too.

Oh, well, all my guys are fearless anyways (Grey Knights). Or effectively stubborn (Sisters).

entendre_entendre
12-17-2009, 03:57 PM
i've wondered why fearless characters don't pass it on to the unit.
this can lead to some very strange moments, like Kharn running away from his enemies. very unfluffy.
w/e, maybe one little change for 6th ed.

Xas
12-17-2009, 08:27 PM
i've wondered why fearless characters don't pass it on to the unit.
this can lead to some very strange moments, like Kharn running away from his enemies. very unfluffy.
w/e, maybe one little change for 6th ed.

as unfluffy as the fact kharn joined a non khorne berserker unit at first (they are also fearless so no issue).

DarkLink
12-18-2009, 12:05 PM
as unfluffy as the fact kharn joined a non khorne berserker unit at first (they are also fearless so no issue).

Kharn could care less about who he fights with. All he cares about is taking skulls. He's not going to suddenly turn all emo and stay behind just because there happen to be some plague marines there. GW has loosened up the fluff about the competition between the gods. They might not like each other, but the like everyone else even less. Get over it:p.

Sinistermind
12-21-2009, 07:35 AM
one more question about IC's , say i take a DH hq in my IG army, can he join an IG squad(eg; vets) once his retinue is gone?

Jwolf
12-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes, ICs with the old Retinues become ICs again, once their retinues are dead.