PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Split/ 2,000 point game.

Anthony Hyde
12-21-2013, 09:27 AM
So, I have a bunch of SPESH MAHRINES and even more on the way. ( Look, I got a plastic problem don't judge. )

I had the idea/notion of building an entire Smurf( Ultra) army. But then I started to want to build an Imperial Fist Army.

So, I'm splitting the 2,000 I think; Running Ultra as the main force and Imperial Fist as my shooty/cover allie(s)

From what I understand, the Allies don't require more points then normal- But I have to have an HQ and one troop choice, before I can start filling out Elites/Fast Attack/Heavy Support. Right?

Cause, I'm putting Centurians with heavy bolters and most of my heavy bolters on Imperial Fist- Bolter Driller. Or I may make them the 3rd company, and run Sentinels of Terra. Give me your ideas, new poster but lurker all the same.

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-21-2013, 10:57 AM
you could always give them red guard trim and depending on the mission switch back and forth between 3rd company and the sentinels of Terra supplement. and as i haven't tried it yet what you can do is look at the book i believe if you ally with in the book you have to take an hq and 2 troops. if not taking units that will get the most out out of both bolter drill as well as tank hunters is probably your best bet.

Anthony Hyde
12-21-2013, 11:04 AM
you could always give them red guard trim and depending on the mission switch back and forth between 3rd company and the sentinels of Terra supplement. and as i haven't tried it yet what you can do is look at the book i believe if you ally with in the book you have to take an hq and 2 troops. if not taking units that will get the most out out of both bolter drill as well as tank hunters is probably your best bet.

Yeah I was using my Imp' Fist for Bolter Drill and Tank Hunter- Probably no special weapons, besides bolters, and the like.

And Red Trim Guard = Sentinels of Terra yeah? Then thats what I will do. Because I like both Imperial Guard and Ultramarine. And with the size force I have, I can easily make both.

Houghten
12-21-2013, 12:05 PM
I believe that "red guard trim" refers to the colour of the edge of their shoulder pauldrons, rather than Imperial Guard. But adding an allied detachment of Terran PDF could be pretty cool.

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-21-2013, 12:15 PM
yeah sorry meant the red trim of their shoulder guards but adding in guard as well is always an option. with the marine book your allowed to do so as well. adding in the guard element does change how your marine force functions as well. not having to use marines to hold your home objectives having access to some unique tanks as well. oh and artillery out the wazoo too.

Anthony Hyde
12-21-2013, 02:20 PM
yeah sorry meant the red trim of their shoulder guards but adding in guard as well is always an option. with the marine book your allowed to do so as well. adding in the guard element does change how your marine force functions as well. not having to use marines to hold your home objectives having access to some unique tanks as well. oh and artillery out the wazoo too.

Man, now you guys are really making me think!

Yeah, so my Detachment is going to be- Sentinels of Terra, with heavy bolters/normal bolters and probably no special weapons.

Main Force, ultramarines. For the three combat doctrines.

And I knew he was talking about the trim, not Imperial Guard, but now that it's been brought up and my main enemies for fighting will be - Tau, Necron and Imperial Guard. I may take that option, but some guard pieces from my friend and use a detachment force depending on the opponent.

Sometimes Ultras/Imps sometimes Imps/Guard or Ultra/Guard

And now, I kinda wanna run Imperial Guard... But that will wait till I do my team.

I was thinking of protecting my shooty squads, Imperial Fist, with some Assault Termies from Ultramarine. And using that par up, to conquer objectives and hold them.

All I can think about now is thudd guns and super heavy armor backing up my crew lol.