PDA

View Full Version : New siege assault vanguard, tyrants legion and IA2 pdf's

Popsical
12-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Thank you FW and merry christmas! My astral claw siege vanguard just got updated, and how!!!

Assault centurions as troops
Hunter or stalker or hyperios squadrons in heavy
Fire raptor, storm eagle/talon/raven as fast attack

Im one very happy bunny today!

Sorry no linky as ive posted from my phone, can someone do the honours please.

Happy days!

Brakkart
12-21-2013, 05:08 AM
You're not the only one who is happy. I'm loving that list as it is so much more suited to my Imperial Fists style of warfare than the regular Codex list allows for. Squads of tanks as heavy choices and an extra heavy choice, yes please!

Here's the pdf's:

Siege Assault Vanguard Army List (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/S/Siege_Assault_Van.pdf)

Tyrant's Legion Army List (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Tyrants-Legion.pdf)

Imperial Armour Vol 2 Second Edition Errata (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/i/IA2faq.pdf)

Popsical
12-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Thanks brakkart. Your right on the fists front too, its a far better list for them i feel.
Ive been waiting to fill my 4th heavy slot and now i can, two whirlwind hyperios i think.
Lovely jubbly.
Do you already have a vanguard or will you be altering your fists to make one?

Brakkart
12-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Right now I've just been steadily building a force without any specific army list for it, just basically getting what is required (3 tac squads and a scout squad so far) and then whatever I like the look of, or is bought for me by friends and family (or I can find cheap). got about 3k points worth now in all and still got loads I want to add to it as plan on having the whole of the 3rd company and lots of support from the 1st, 10th, reserve companies and the armoury eventually. This list looks a lot more suited to the Imperial Fists as they are siege masters and so fielding squads of tanks (Mmmm Vindicators...) and batteries of Rapiers and such is right up their alley. Plus I can field a squad with those cool boarding shields now, been itching to get those for ages just had no way to use them before.

Aaron Schmidt
12-21-2013, 01:24 PM
As amazing as this is, it's seems slightly op. First First thing that I noticed was was the siege can give a single vehicle Interceptor... Like the hunter. That makes the hunter literally twice as good as before, since now it can slam its S7 Armorbane shot into land raiders from across the table.

Popsical
12-21-2013, 01:46 PM
That Mr Schmidt would be exactly correct on the power front, it is. However, the siege objective makes it very hard to get wins.
The list has to be played ultra aggressively or you get draws at best. Trust me, i've played several games and still haven't won.
Im no wargames rookie and have placed very well in tournies, but this list is a real challenge.

Vangrail
12-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Wooo they finally updated the siege list! im happy as hell. It was always fun to use. Plus they added well needed units to it. only thing that bugs me is that so much was moved to elites. But oh well ill deal with it.

Vangrail
12-21-2013, 11:45 PM
also the objective makes winning very difficult. Ive won more then ive lost with this list. But if someone holds that objective its such a pain to get. It makes it challenging with this list its no easy job to take it.

Neelam
12-22-2013, 01:47 AM
That makes the hunter literally twice as good as before, since now it can slam its S7 Armorbane shot into land raiders from across the table.

Except the siege list can't take the hunter or stalker.

Edit: I'm an idiot - didn't see Artillery units can be upgraded to them .

Popsical
12-22-2013, 03:57 AM
The addition of dedicated AA and AAA to the list was seriously needed. Having to charge headlong accross no mans land against hellducks was suicide. Im loving the idea of assault centurions as troops too. Now to find a way of making them look good. Hmmm.

Vangrail
12-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I personally do not give them the drills. the drills are just too much.

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-22-2013, 02:29 PM
very very excited :)

Popsical
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Ive decided to represent my assault centurions with thallaxii.
To make it fluffy im gonna have a techmarine with them to be a sort of operator, all in a redeemer.
Damn i love this list!

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-22-2013, 05:15 PM
some will understand others can google it :) i might actually have to buy a squad of centurions now :) going to run them as boiroids from macross :) should be a simple enough of a conversion will just have to work on their load outs :)

Popsical
12-23-2013, 07:22 AM
I shall remain in utter ignorance of these "macross" of which you speak, also gundam, gangnam and lacross.
My wife finds my toy soldier hobby tollerable due to the painting aspect. The chats with friends about rules and codex's are gobbledigook to her. If i add surreal japanese oddly dubbed cartoons (many of which seem to contain scantilly clad prepubescent girls with enormous eyes and big guns) to the repertious, she may start taking the peee and think ive gone peculiar.

MajorWesJanson
12-23-2013, 02:19 PM
If i add surreal japanese oddly dubbed cartoons (many of which seem to contain scantilly clad prepubescent girls with enormous eyes and big guns) to the repertious, she may start taking the peee and think ive gone peculiar.

You may not want to stereotype Anime with such a broad brush. The genre covers a massive range of shows, from the ones dripping with fan service to philosophical pieces to straight up action. It's no different from the fact that "Western Animation" covers everything from Spongebob Squarepants, Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, My Little Pony FiM, Transformers, Looney Tunes, ect.

Cowboy Bebop and Big O were my gateway shows, and I have found some shows that are interesting and entertaining, and some that I refuse to watch, just like I will not watch Spongebob and think Family Guy stopped being funny around the time it came back the first time.

DarkLink
12-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah, disliking anime because of one particular genre is like disliking live action films because you don't like romantic comedies.

Popsical
12-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Dont panic.
I dont dislike any of it or as a genre stereotype either.
Just not my cuppa.

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-23-2013, 07:43 PM
lol all the bioroid comment was to give you the idea for inclosing the pilots head. instead of them having a silly helmet.

Vangrail
12-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Do master of the forges in the siege list make dreads heavy support?

mikeramos
12-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Yes

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Yup they do. but really they already have the option to take dreads as troop in a unit of 3 that are either iron clad or siege and after that they break apart to become individual models but are always bought as a group. very nasty if you were to play iron hands and then take a list from the siege assault list.

Vangrail
12-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Well im sons of medusa so I use iron hands rules. Its i just wanted to make a full dread army. Elites, heavy, and troops I personally think it will be cool as hell.

Houghten
12-25-2013, 03:53 AM
You won't quite be able to take a full dread army, I'm afraid:

A Space Marine Siege Assault Vanguard Army may not include more Siege Dreadnought Talons than half the number of Tactical or Siege Assault Squads taken in the army - Siege_Assault_Van.pdf

Popsical
12-25-2013, 04:14 AM
So you field siege mantlet squads to flesh it out.
This is a thing i really love about the list, i have 4 troop choices all of which are different.
1x siege mantlet squad, 1x siege assault squad, 1x siege talon and 1x assault centurion squad.
This is great as i cant stand having duplicate units as i find it boring to model, paint and look at duplicate units.

Vangrail
12-26-2013, 01:40 AM
I wish siege mantles are in the normal book.. Should somehow convince forgeworld to do that lol. But so far ive do e 6 games with the siege list. Ive won 4, dread swarm is soo good lol just load on dreads take a couple tac squads to fill the requirement then just go nuts. Loving this army list.

Popsical
12-26-2013, 04:47 AM
I dont want gw to put any of the unique fw units in the maureen codex. I like my snowflake lol.

Ive found the reverse to you with the dread swarm. All my oppos have turned up with shed loads of AT or bloody necrons, thus my dreads get blasted away in seconds. My army is just god awful against crons sadly. Massed gauss fire just glances all my nice tankies and dreads far too easily.
I still love the list and my army, but its a shadow of its 5th edition encarnation. Still after only 4 games of 6th im still learning.

Vangrail
12-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Ine of my losses was crons and the other was guard. I won against tau twice, marines once then orks. The crons were just not fair lol. I was surprised against the tau that i won. Just ran my dreads in groups with a techmarine with them. When one would get hit and not die it would go back the group and be shielded by others and repaired.