PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying old bits?

mrphatman
12-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi i recently won an auction on ebay and when it arrived i looked threw it and found a bunch of these old looking sprues, ive done tons of research trying to figure out what they are. but i couldn't find anything remotely similar. can any of you veterans tell me what i got?

TheSnake
12-19-2013, 08:34 PM
This is a sprue from the Rogue Trader era Ork Battlewagon. The plates goes around the wheels and the spiky bit around the crew compartement.

Lord-Boofhead
12-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Yeah what Snake said...

Darren Richardson
12-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Yeah I remember those, if the modeller used too many of those spikes, it made the battlewagon dangerous to pick up LOL :)

lobster-overlord
12-20-2013, 08:22 AM
they also were used as extra armor on rhinos and russes for that upgrade since they didnt have a special part for that

Katharon
12-20-2013, 07:35 PM
they also were used as extra armor on rhinos and russes for that upgrade since they didnt have a special part for that

Leman Russ tanks always came with track guards until the new mold came out. Now you have to go into the special bits section on the GW site to find the additional stuff that use to be in the kit.

lobster-overlord
12-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Leman Russ tanks always came with track guards until the new mold came out. Now you have to go into the special bits section on the GW site to find the additional stuff that use to be in the kit.

Yes, and most of us old schoolers know that, but I personally have used these in addition to extra track bits to form extra armor plating on IG vehicles, as have others I have seen, so I was pointing out to the OPer that they were also used in that capacity. 7

Gutzmek
01-15-2014, 11:30 AM
I loved that old battle wagons transport capacity, ahh memories