PDA

View Full Version : GT anyone?

RocketRollRebel
12-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey there everyone, my friends and I are kinda bored and looking for a GT to make a trip to in the North East (US just to be clear;)) PA, NJ, NY or even north eastern Ohio in the next few months. I've only been to one but it was such a great time that its kinda started an addiction so I'm looking for more. Thanks!

BuFFo
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I think there is only one in the coming year. I do not follow the GW Tourney scene much, so maybe what I heard is old news.

RocketRollRebel
12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I think there is only one in the coming year. I do not follow the GW Tourney scene much, so maybe what I heard is old news.

Yeah I heard that they are only doing the Baltimore gamesday. I was thinking more like an Indy GT like 'da boyz or mechanicon or bolscon ect. Just more in my part of the county.

BuFFo
12-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Ah, okay.

Sorry, I live in Florida. I don't know of any up there, just the ones down here.

Chumbalaya
12-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Some of Da Boyz are going to Adepticon and it looks like they've managed to rope me into it.

Old_Paladin
12-08-2009, 07:17 AM
If you go to the GW site, they have a post listing all offical tournements for 2010+.
Adepticon is the closest one in the States, that happens pretty soon.

If you have a passport and don't mind a visit to Canada, Astronomi-Con is in May in Toronto.
The ICGT in Baltimore in July; and 'Da Boyz' in Rochester in October.

RocketRollRebel
12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Cool thanks for the replys every one. My friends and I are all thinking of going to Adepticon as well but one of them is trying to wuss out saying that its going to cost too much but it just sounds like an epic weekend that would be well worth it.

@ Old Paladin- I do have a passport and Astronomi-con looks pretty sweet. Plus Canada has the nicest gamers, I played two at 'da boyz this past year. The one who I beat (and he won best painted with his eldar) was nice enough to remind me to grab all the objectives after I killed off everything so I could get the full 50pts, and the Canadian Ork player who smacked me out of 2nd place and took best over all gave me one of the most fun games I had all weekend there.

I'm defiantly attending 'da boyz again this year and I'll see if I can work out some 1,500pt lists that I like and maybe I'll swing up to Astronomi-con.

Sinistermind
12-09-2009, 08:03 PM
sorry to be off topic a bit, i cant wait for da boys it'll be my first and i was just wondering is it the standard 1850?

RocketRollRebel
12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
they havent posted it online yet but I'm pretty sure that it is.

MajorSoB
12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
As one of the judges/organizers for DaBoyz 2010, we are doing the tourney in October although our date isnt 100% firm yet. last years event was 1850 but there is talk about increasing it to 2000 points. I promise to post more detail as they become available. We had 66 players last year and are shooting to hit 100 next year. thank you for the interest!