PDA

View Full Version : Inquisition ‘Count as’ Awesomeness.

Lord-Boofhead
12-17-2013, 09:30 PM
I think I may have posted this in the wrong section so I'm posting it here too. I'm still new here so forgive me. And admins feel free to deleate the other post, or this one. Whichever is in the wrong place....

Hey guys I'm working on an idea for an article to submit to the BoLS guys basically discussing the idea of using the new Inq eDex to represent some of the forgotten Armies of 40K.

so far I plan to cover the following:

Arbites
Ad Mech
Imperial Navy
Rogue Traders
Old School Style non IG Squats (ironically using the IG list)
Genestealer Cults

is there anything I have missed?

Also as for the 'stealers what would you suggest I use as counts as Hybrids, I plan to use the IG as a base for the Brood Brothers.

Also if there is room, if not It will be a part 2 or separate article I was thinking of some ideas for fluffy Inquisitorial retinues that could be slotted into an army.

So far I had the following Short List.

Inquisitor Horst and his vertically challenged Mates.
Amberly vale and Henchmen
Radical Malleus Inquisitor and Warband
Radical Xenos Inquisitor and Warband
Puritan Hereticus and the Brethren of the Red Redemption
Ordo Sicarus Wet Work Cell
Down on his Luck Rogue Trader and Crew

Any other ideas for me to Riff on?

Lord-Boofhead
12-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Tumble weeds...

So no ideas or suggestions for me folks?

Magus
12-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Working from the recent "Perpetuals" article, how about a Cabal themed list with Inquisitor-led Harlequins?

Best of luck with the submission. Try the spiky bits blog if you get passed over here.

Bigred
12-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Here's more:

Hrud
Eldar Exodites
Enslavers

bfmusashi
12-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I haven't seen the new eDex and I don't have a copy of the tyranid dex with me, but would arco flagellants work for hybrids? No armor save, just feel no pain and a ton of attacks. I've been using my IG to get my Rogue Trader on as original Yarrick is just so badass he's clearly causing ruckus for fun and profit.

Lord-Boofhead
12-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Working from the recent "Perpetuals" article, how about a Cabal themed list with Inquisitor-led Harlequins?

Best of luck with the submission. Try the spiky bits blog if you get passed over here.

funny you mention that Inquisitor Cevak was another idea I was kicking about in my head.

Lord-Boofhead
12-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Here's more:

Hrud
Eldar Exodites
Enslavers

I don't know how the Inq Dex can represent those however..If you have any ideas do share...

Lord-Boofhead
12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I haven't seen the new eDex and I don't have a copy of the tyranid dex with me, but would arco flagellants work for hybrids? No armor save, just feel no pain and a ton of attacks.

I'm already planing on using them to represent the Purestrains. And the golden rule of 'counts as' is never use more tha one mini to represnt the same unit.

I was thinking maybe ally Dark Eldar in and have Homunculus and Wracks/Grotesques (probably Wracks) as Hybrids. Unless someone comes up with a better ideas...

Lord-Boofhead
12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the ideas and feedback anyway guys...

Skullchewer
12-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Here's more:

Hrud

Yes please!

TB0N3
12-18-2013, 03:44 PM
I would suggest Hrud (the rat-men, not the amorphous blobs), Tarellian, K'nibs, Nicassar (full-on psykers), Loxatl, Stryxis

Take a look:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Category:Minor_Alien_Species_and_Factions

Lord-Boofhead
12-18-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm aware of them but have no idea how to use the Inqu eDex to represent them so any ideas will be stolen, erm appreciated ...

bfmusashi
12-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm already planing on using them to represent the Purestrains. And the golden rule of 'counts as' is never use more tha one mini to represnt the same unit.

I was thinking maybe ally Dark Eldar in and have Homunculus and Wracks/Grotesques (probably Wracks) as Hybrids. Unless someone comes up with a better ideas...

Ah, I would have used Deathcult Assassins for purestrain to put that oldschool fear into power armored opponents.

Lord-Boofhead
12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Ah, I would have used Deathcult Assassins for purestrain to put that oldschool fear into power armored opponents.

The Extra strength and attacks did it, Also the have a similar silhouette BUT now you mention it DCAs would make awesome Neophytes, With Inquisitional Acolytes representing Non Psychic Hybrid Acolytes and Psykers as Psychic Hybrid Acolytes...

Some tomes its is just easy.

But how do I represent the Patriarch?

Alessander
12-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Ally in a Librarian?

Lord-Boofhead
12-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Ally in a Librarian?

Then what do I use as troops?

But yes Libby with termi armour, a force sword/axe and powerfist would work for both stats and Silhouette...

Maybe a Blood angel one, oh the Quickening....

Never mind I'm an Idiot.

An Inquisitor with Mastery Level 1 can exchange any one weapon for a force sword - free

So Mastery Level 1 Maulleus In Termi Armour with the Stormbolter replaced with a Force sword/axe...

Lord Lorne Walkier
12-20-2013, 03:22 AM
I think I may have posted this in the wrong section so I'm posting it here too. I'm still new here so forgive me. And admins feel free to deleate the other post, or this one. Whichever is in the wrong place....

Hey guys I'm working on an idea for an article to submit to the BoLS guys basically discussing the idea of using the new Inq eDex to represent some of the forgotten Armies of 40K.

so far I plan to cover the following:

Arbites

I have already done this. One of the things that i did not like about the Codex: =][= is that they did not give the Acolytes a option for Shotguns. They did however give the option to priests. They give acolytes a bolt gun option, the same cost as the shotguns for the priests. What i do is pay for the bolt guns and give my opponent the choice of counting them as Bolt guns or shot guns as they are modeled. If they want to face the bolt guns my Arbites load the bolt rounds no drag on my fun. if you have a cyber mastiff just call it a Arco flagellent.