PDA

View Full Version : Updated Tau Lists

fedratsailor
12-17-2013, 08:32 PM
So i have 3 lists using the Farsight suplement, would like ppl's opinions on all 3.

These lists are made using the models i have.

I do plan in the near future to get 2 tetra's/2 xv-9 phased/2 xv-9 fusion/XV107/hammerhead 2 TL-missilepods with velocity for the hammerhead.

List 1 Farsight w/ Tau allies
HQ
Commander - 2x Burst Cannon/DC/ATS/Arthas Moloch/Warlord 2 gun Drones
Commander - 2x Fusion Blaster/DC/TL 2 marker drones
Elite
Riptide - Ion/VT
Troop
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Burst Cannon/BKR 2 gun Drones
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Fusion Blaster/BKR 2 marker Drones
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Plasma Rifle/BKR/TL 4 marker Drones
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Missile Pods/BKR Shas'vre
Heavy
Broadside Team - 3 suits/Rail/EWO/BKR/Shas'vre
Broadside Team - 3 suits/HYMP/BKR/Shas'vre

Allies
HQ
Commander - DC/CCN/PEN/MSSS/Iridium 2 marker drones
Troops
Fire Warrior - 6/Shas'ui
Fire Warrior - 6/Shas'ui

Support commander goes in with the Plasma Squad, the 2 FW squads are in reserve hoping to come on later and hold objectives.

List 2 Farsight w/ Tau allies
HQ
Commander - 2x Fusion Blaster/DC/TL 2 marker drones
Elite
Riptide - Ion/VT
Troop
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Burst Cannon/BKR/ATS 2 gun Drones
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Fusion Blaster/BKR 2 marker Drones
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Plasma Rifle/BKR/TL
Fast Attack
Razorshark - Missile Pod/Disruption Pod
Heavy
Skyray

Allies
HQ
Commander - DC/PEN/MSSS/Iridium
Troops
Fire Warrior - 12/Shas'ui

Commander in this list goes with one of the Broadside teams. Same thing with the FW squad, reserve.

List 3 Pure Farsight
HQ
Commander - 2x Fusion Blaster/DC 2 marker drones
Elite
Riptide - Ion/VT/ECPA
Troop
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Burst Cannon/BKR 2 gun Drones
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Fusion Blaster/BKR/TL/ 6 marker Drones
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Plasma Rifle/BKR/TL
Crisis Team - 3 suits/2x Missile Pods/BKR/Shas'vre
Fast Attack
Razorshark - Missile Pod/Disruption Pod
Heavy
Hammerhead - Submuntions

the models in the list are painted to be for either farsight or the allies, in all for allies to my farsight models i have the commander/12 fire warriors/2 marker drones/6 stealth suits/2 remora drones.

let me know what ya think about these list. working on making them better.

chicop76
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I really didn't look at you list, but it gave me ideals for my own list. With you going drone heavy I pretty much forgotten that suits can even take drones. However it begs the question if all the suits are dead would the drones count as a troop option.

I have at least 15 suits that are just gathering dust. I guess I can make repairs and start fielding them. Thinking about it more I really need to get the O'Shova codex.

I might run allies still, but now I don't feel like I have to take so many troops.

chicop76
01-03-2014, 11:22 AM
I think that since one commander is easily equal to 3 more suits I would say drop the 3rd commander for more suits.

Also with running so many suits, I would say going twin linked may be better. 6 plasma = 90, while 3 twin plasma equal 60. Going for more accurate shooting and putting more bodies on the board seem better to me. Also your over watch shooting would be much more deadlier.

I like the skyray, which is a very good anti flyer option, well good vs MCs. At the least like Winged Tyrants.

I would say if you take marker drones than give the whole squad target locks. Not the target lock does not give splitfire, which is why I say take 3. That your buff commander can join a squad and have the drones shoot separately from the crisis team.

Instead of fire warriors I would say consider taking sniper kroot instead. If you take fire warriors a transport or a Fireblade would be nice for them to have.

Oh. Have you tried support commander on your sides. He has worked rather well with my railsides which I given them all target locks and missile drones. The twin shooting drones with tank or mc hunter that ignores saves have wiped out several units for me, especially if their bs is buffed by one or two. Also having a unit shoot at 4 targets that's twin linked and ignore cover saves have done rather well for me.