PDA

View Full Version : Squats?

Genestealer
12-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Since GW has been showing us upcoming releases in plain sight for a while now, I was wondering if the new White Dwarf model is a hint about space dwarfs? What do you guys think?

Brass Scorpion
12-06-2009, 10:43 PM
This discussion has been done on this and other forums already back when the model was first announced. The answer is no, it's a humorous call-back and nothing more. The word Squat is never used in the description of this tongue-in-cheek model filled with humorous details. His suit is a "costume" as is the outfit being worn by the gobbo snagged by the servo-arm. The servo-arm is powered by Bugman's 6X brew. It's a fun collectible and nothing more.

Dark_Templar
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
**DT resets the clock**

They have the potential to be a characterful race, but unfortunately GW would need to make them less human, and in the process, possibly drop or merge one of the other Codices in order to keep on top of them.

sirrouga
12-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Squats would be a funny and cool race, but GW has enough trouble with keeping all the codex they already have updated and such. The only thing I can see from GW regarding new armies any time soon is having new sub-codex (Space Wolves, Dark Angels, etc), as they only need a light touching on the rules for the most part and maybe an unique sprue or two.

However for those determined I have seen a fan made Squat codex or two so if you hunt ebay long enough you can get your own Squat army, just be prepared to do a "count as" army when you face players who are anti-official armies or looking for tournament play.

person person
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
This discussion has been done on this and other forums already back when the model was first announced. The answer is no, it's a humorous call-back and nothing more. The word Squat is never used in the description of this tongue-in-cheek model filled with humorous details. His suit is a "costume" as is the outfit being worn by the gobbo snagged by the servo-arm. The servo-arm is powered by Bugman's 6X brew. It's a fun collectible and nothing more.

Yup.