PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Chaos Marine Army (Advise and Tips welcome)

gjtanner
12-16-2013, 08:29 AM
I've been playing around with Tzeentch based lists and have some up with this which I think looks quite good but would like other people opinions on.

The lord (not sure if would he would be better being Nurgle and on bike) would be with the 3 x spawn and sorcerer with the thousand sons.

HQ 390pts

Chaos Lord (215pts)
Combat familiar, Disc of Tzeetch, Mark of Tzeentch, Melta bombs, Sigil of corruption
Combi-flamer/-melta/-plasma, The Black Mace

Sorcerer (175pts)
2x Additional Mastery Level, Mark of Tzeentch, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar

Troops 430pts

10 x Chaos Cultists (50pts)

10 x Chaos Space Marines (195pts)
2x Meltagun
Chaos Rhino (35pts)

5 x Thousand Sons (185pts)
Chaos Rhino (35pts)

Fast Attack (442pts)

3 x Chaos Spawn (102pts)
Mark of Tzeentch

Heldrake (170pts)
Baleflamer

Heldrake (170pts)
Baleflamer

Heavy Support (237pts)

3 x Obliterators (237pts)
Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of The Long War

EDIT: Current list after changes
HQ 375pts

Deamon Prince
Mark of Nurgle, Power Armour, The Black Mace

Sorcerer (175pts)
2x Additional Mastery Level, Mark of Tzeentch, Sigil of corruption

Troops 440pts

10 x Chaos Space Marines (200pts)
2x Meltagun
Melta Bombs
Chaos Rhino (35pts)

5 x Thousand Sons (190pts)
Melta Bombs
Chaos Rhino (35pts)

Fast Attack (448pts)

3 x Chaos Spawn (108pts)
Mark of Nurgle

Heldrake (170pts)
Baleflamer

Heldrake (170pts)
Baleflamer

Heavy Support (237pts)

1 x Obliterators (79pts)

2 x Obliterators (158pts)

Total 1500

gjtanner
12-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Sorry got interrupted while posting and didn't realise this had posted.

The plan is for the lord join the Spawn and look to smash into targets wth the Mace, the Sorcerer will join the Thousands Son's in the Rhino using it as a base to drive around to use psychic powers. The obliterators are for general all round tank hunting/heavy weapon teaming as are the normal CSM and the Cultists are aimed to either just take and hold an objective or come in from reserve and take a home objective. Then Heldrakes are Heldrakes

Kevlarshark
12-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Ok these are just my opinions based on my experience, but see what you think?

HQ 390pts

Chaos Lord (215pts)
Combat familiar, Disc of Tzeetch, Mark of Tzeentch, Melta bombs, Sigil of corruption
Combi-flamer/-melta/-plasma, The Black Mace

Not sure what is going on with the combi wep' on the lord? (which one is it?) With the disk providing mobility a plasma pistol or burning brand would be a better shooty option.
The black mace is not amazing on a lord (it will do damage but is only AP 4 so dont expect to smash whole units like on a Deamon Prince.
If you want fighty then a Khorne Lord on a Juggernaught with the Axe of blind fury will do a much better job.
If you want the Mark of tzeentch I would go with a powerfist/lightning claw combination on the disk, then you have an Ap2 option or Ap3 at initiative.
I would also be tempted to go with the nurgle lord on a bike. He can swap the bikes combi weapon for the burning brand, and still take the lightning claw/ powerfist combo. (this ties in with your spawn
see below)

Sorcerer (175pts)
2x Additional Mastery Level, Mark of Tzeentch, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar

Shouldnt need the Sigil if he is going to lead the Thousand sons as he will have a 2+ look out sir.

Troops 430pts

10 x Chaos Space Marines (195pts)
2x Meltagun
Chaos Rhino (35pts)

5 x Thousand Sons (185pts)
Chaos Rhino (35pts)

I would probably be more comfortable with 4 or more troops choices (see if you can squeeze in another cultist squad?).

Fast Attack (442pts)

3 x Chaos Spawn (102pts)
Mark of Tzeentch

Probably be better off with the Mark of nurgle on the spawn (as it will statistically save them more than the inv save from mark of Tzeench). Then the Nurgle lord on a bike could lead them?

Heldrake (170pts)
Baleflamer

Heldrake (170pts)
Baleflamer

Could be useful to give one 'drake the autocannon so it can provide antiair as you currently have none?

Heavy Support (237pts)

3 x Obliterators (237pts)

Since this is your only Heavy choice you could take 3x single oblits? Then you dont need Votlw, they cant be targeted together and you will get 3x scoring units in the Big guns never tire mission. 'course they could give away 3x victroy points as well so it can go both ways.
You could also suicide deep strike one while the others shoot

Total 1499

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-16-2013, 03:09 PM
forget the auto cannon stick with the bale flamer you can always vector strike aerial opponents. honestly once you have destroyed most of their infantry there isn't much that the drakes cannot handle

Kevlarshark
12-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I still find it somewhat tricky to take on Valkyrie/Vendetta, storm ravens, or other Drakes, with just vector strikes. I always miss the autocannon if I end up against 2x or 3x flyer lists. The pinning and st8 combined with 360 degree shooting is not to be so easily dismissed.

SON OF ROMULOUS
12-16-2013, 09:34 PM
you can deal with the fliers by using other units rear shots on them will drop them all. its just about mitigating the damage of the other fliers can cause before the drakes take them out. i've only ever ran a pair of drakes i have yet to wish i had a 3rd. honestly and if they bring on more fliers that just gives you more time to crush the troops they have on the board.

gjtanner
12-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Played around with the points a bit.

Made the Lord into a nurgle lord on bike with Burning Brand and Black Mace and the Spawn with him and changed the Sorcerer to be on a Disc, dropping both Familars

Kevlarshark
12-17-2013, 07:10 AM
That sounds more flexible now. I would give it a few trial runs and see how it plays for you.

Power Klawz
12-17-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm fairly certain you can't take both The Burning Brand and The Black Mace on the same character at the same time.

gjtanner
12-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Well after a talk with some friends I've made one last set of changes, the sorcerer is going back in with the 1k sons and the lord will become a demon prince with power armour and mace