PDA

View Full Version : Eldar and Ninja Assassin....

BuFFo
12-06-2009, 03:11 AM
This is not a discussion about the movie Ninja Assassin. Do not post any spoilers about the movie here.

If you have seen it, do you think that the Shurikens in the movie could be a perfect mirror to the Shuriken Weaponry of the Eldar? Whenever the Shurikens were thrown in the movie, they seemed like they could have been fired from an Eldar weapon so perfectly. If you have doubts as to how deadly Shuriken weaponry is, I think you should see this movie.

Has anyone seen an event, scene, visual, anything in a movie that instantly reminded you of a specific aspect of Warhammer 40k? Let me get the obvious ones out of the way... Starship Troopers for Tyranids and Aliens for the Marine Weaponry... What else have you seen that may be obscure and probably haven't seen anyone mention around the net?

Just_Me
12-06-2009, 09:50 AM
The "quasi-dead" telepaths from chronicles of riddick, and really most of the tech from that movie...

MarshalAdamar
12-06-2009, 10:13 AM
ED209 from robo cop still reminds me of an early dreadnought.

DarkLink
12-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Not a movie, but Gears of War COGs...

BuFFo
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
ED209 from robo cop still reminds me of an early dreadnought.

Wow, I never thought of that, and yet it seems so obvious lol!

Artein
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
This robotic thing from District 9 kinda reminds me Tau Battlesuit

Squirrel_Fish
12-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Just about all of the guns from Judge Dredd remind me of Bolters or bolt pistols.

Morgrim
12-07-2009, 09:19 AM
http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3l1.html#loneEagle

When I read this the other day, I couldn't help thinking 'pistol that fires rocket bullets? Where have I heard that before...' :P

Although it looks small enough that even wimpy me could handle then. Then again, rocket propelled bullets wouldn't have a great deal of recoil anyway.

Xar
12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
When I read this the other day, I couldn't help thinking 'pistol that fires rocket bullets? Where have I heard that before...' :P

Runaway.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088024/

sketchesofpayne
12-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Mostly I end up sitting in movies and thinking to myself:

"If Space Marines boarded them they'd be so screwed."
"Zombies? Genetic monsters? Try a Tyranid Hive fleet!"
"Those robot guards are nothing, Necrons would make them run home and cry."
"If this evil villain met the forces of Chaos he'd crap himself and die."
"The Imperial Guard would show these guys how it's done!"
"(sarcasm) We are an elder race', pah! Eldar make them look like embyros."
"Eh, these guys have the wanton destruction thing down, but they lack the panache of the Orks."

Unholy_Martyr
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
The most obvious of all: Terminator= Necrons. It was like the Designers were sitting in the theater muttering to themselves: "Oh my God...that is too awesome to pass up".

Next would be movies like Enemy at The Gates: The Imperial Guard is like the Ba$stard stepchild of the Soviet Army during the Great Patriotic War.

Besides that, I think the Striking Scorpion Exarch looks very similar to Predator

gorepants
12-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Just about all of the guns from Judge Dredd remind me of Bolters or bolt pistols.

There's a bit of overlap between the illustrators of original rogue trader artists and 2000 AD (being where the Judge came from). A lot of the RT art is very much in that style.

Just_Me
12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
There's a bit of overlap between the illustrators of original rogue trader artists and 2000 AD (being where the Judge came from). A lot of the RT art is very much in that style.

Plus, Abnett wrote for a few issues of the comic...