PDA

View Full Version : Best Inquisitorial Stormtrooper and overcosted Hellguns

Blood Shadow
12-15-2013, 03:39 AM
Looking at a Kantor sternguard SM + GK or IG list with Inq attached, it'll be for a Deathwatch + Ordo Xeno style army.

This is basically a fluff vs. Competitive problem I have, I want to get as best as possible but not having to proxy too much. Ideally I'd like to use the GW off the shelf storm trooper models.

What's the best unit to proxy as Inquistorial Stormtroopers? I have the following preferrences::

1) should have advanced lasgun tech, so something Hellgun-ish (either high str or AP3 shooting)
2) would prefer BS4
3) would prefer 4+ armour
4) be a scoring unit

Options: looking at a squad of 10 all armed the same, ignoring special weapons for now

1) GK or Inq henchmen... basic + hellguns comes in at 90points with 5+ sv, requires Coteaz to make scoring
+Adv: AP3
-Neg: needs Coteaz to score, BS3, 4+ sv costs as much as an additional basic Henchmen

2) IG vets... 2 melta guns cheaper
+Adv: scoring, BS4
-Neg: no hellguns,

3) SM Scouts... twice the cost of IG vets
+Adv: 4+ sv, Scout, MTC, Str4 shooting but its a stretch proxying bolters as hellguns
+Neg: proxying bolters, T4 for a human is unfluffy...even with a credible back story, cost

4) IG Stormtroopers... more expensive than scouts
+Adv: the real deal..exactly whats needed
-Neg: Absolutely no way of making them scoring

5) Inq Henchmen with storm bolters... cost really attractive, rules good....but
+Adv: cheap, higher str rate of fire
-Neg: would have to make bespoke models, there's something unfluffy about humans using storm bolters as assault weapons, BS3, really dislike the idea of having 30 guys with hellguns but shooting them as Storm bolters.

What would you take?

For me the last option really attractive competitively but I don't want to remodel 30 painted dudes....

The way I feel is that there's no way of fielding them as I'd like and getting them as scoring units..

Lord-Boofhead
12-17-2013, 01:11 PM
The way I feel is that there's no way of fielding them as I'd like and getting them as scoring units..

So pick one or the other, I'd go for the former as you'll have plenty of Scoring troops in Power Armour anyway...