PDA

View Full Version : Representation of Tau Markerlights and EMP grenades?

sneakyben
12-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I would like to find out if some of the kit-bash conversions (using Tau and Cadian Shock-troop parts) I have made would be 'acceptable' as far as you are concerned?

Please see attached the two photos:

Photo A is a patherfinder with a pulse-carbine with a markerlight, and an emp grenade in his hand.

My army contains 9 pathfinders all of this type of construction, with no other type to confuse things.
(There are no other types of tau infantry that carry either a markerlight or an emp grenade... the only other markerlights in the army are on markerdrones, shown in Photo B.)

Photo B is a markerdrone.

My army contains 14 markerdrones, all of this type of construction, with no other type to confuse things.

I am sorry about the poor quality of the pictures (and the amateur nature of the painting etc :-) ).

Would these drones and pathfinders be acceptable if I played at your club/store/house?

Ian Mulcahy
12-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Far as I'm concerned, those are fine. They're shown on the model, and are different enough from other stuff to stand out. I'd happily face those across the table.

phil035
12-14-2013, 08:08 PM
you know in the path finder kit you get marketlight attachment to glue ontop

sneakyben
12-14-2013, 09:20 PM
you know in the path finder kit you get marketlight attachment to glue ontop

yes, but the pathfinders are kit-bashed, so none of those markerlights for me :-)

Legs and arms from firewarrior set... torsos are cadian... heads are from a bitz store

phil035
12-14-2013, 09:31 PM
with the amount of money you'll be spending to make a squad it'll be cheaper to get a box on its own

sneakyben
12-14-2013, 09:51 PM
with the amount of money you'll be spending to make a squad it'll be cheaper to get a box on its own

Boxed set is £20... Doing my Pathfinders squad in 1 go would have cost £17 (I did it with 3 lots of shipping over some months so cost £20)

Plus I got to use up some of the bits in my bits-box :-)

phil035
12-15-2013, 05:11 AM
true but what happens hen you run out of bits

sneakyben
12-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Just in case anyone is interested, please see below reply from the Warhammer World events team (I asked them if these conversions would be ok for an official GW event):

"Yes, those conversions are absolutely fine. Just make sure your opponents are aware of what is what and you will be fine."