PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld: Lords of War choices

Brakkart
12-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Forgeworld have just posted up a pdf listing which of their many units can be taken as a Lords of War choice using the new Escalation rules. There are some eye opening options for sure... Reaver or Phantom Titan anyone?

FW Lords of War (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/L/lordsofwar.pdf)

GravesDisease
12-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Oh dear

edit: i can't read apparently

Brakkart
12-13-2013, 11:08 AM
It says both reaver and phantom are Apocalypse units.

Read it again. You missed the bit where the book is listed as a reference of where that unit's most current rules can be found. First paragraph.

Dlatrex
12-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Well this is certainly comprehensive... Does not look like very much didn't make the cut!

Pylons, and Daemons, and Titans oh MY.

GravesDisease
12-13-2013, 11:48 AM
The new edition of Imperial Armour 2 uses stamps to indicate which models are classed as Lords of War

My second question is which ones of these are in IA2?

GrauGeist
12-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Forgeworld Lords of War

Reaver or Phantom Titan anyone?

PLAY WITH ALL THE THINGS!!!!

It appears GW has given up on the idea of restrictions. Got the points and the model? Play it.

deinol
12-13-2013, 12:06 PM
If you are going to go big, you might as well go all the way.

Bigred
12-13-2013, 12:32 PM
I have this funny feeling that Escaltion was only released so GW could tell their customers that "Forgeworld is Official" once and for all.

40K is the only game I know of where when the company makes certain new models, the customers don't embrace them because they are "not official". It must have been frustrating for GW.

When any other company makes big new things, (Colossals, etc...) the playerbase embrace them right away.

40K is kinda odd that way.

Skullchewer
12-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Hmm, where did the Ork Battle Fortress go? It was there a few days ago.

Popsical
12-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Very odd that the tyrants legion cant have guard supers.

Arkhan Land
12-13-2013, 02:04 PM
I have this funny feeling that Escaltion was only released so GW could tell their customers that "Forgeworld is Official" once and for all.

40K is the only game I know of where when the company makes certain new models, the customers don't embrace them because they are "not official". It must have been frustrating for GW.

When any other company makes big new things, (Colossals, etc...) the playerbase embrace them right away.

40K is kinda odd that way.

My buisness brain also thinks that to a certain extent this might be playing to the newer trends in spending demographics in this country. Forgeworld and the larger models appeal more so to people with normal jobs mid 20s to your 30s/40s, as supposed to the newer in 40k all plastic trend that seems to appeal to younger players with disposable incomes (ages 18-24) who in the US are currently twice as employed as the 24-36 demographic as they have been for the last 3 or 4 years. Perhaps even apply this to the wave of GW digital products. Make your money where you can

DrLove42
12-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Thing is some of these (Reaver, Phantom) are so expensive in points, you're practically playing Apoc sized games to get them in anyway!

Dalleron
12-13-2013, 05:10 PM
i was just about to say the same thing.

Archon Charybdis
12-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Ooh! Exploit! IA11 is the most up to date set of rules for Eldar super-heavies, eh? And when I see references to Structure Points I should just convert it to 3 Hull Points? Yes I think I will take the old Cobra rules with the 10'' blast, extra foot of range, bypassing Void Shields, and 100pt discount. I suppose it does mean the Holo-fields are somewhat less effective though.

I don't know about that really, the models that have been added with this were already just as acceptable as the GW plastic super-heavies for Apocalypse (at least I've yet to encounter the person who says "No! You can't use your Thunderhawk because it's not GW official!). This does nothing to assuage concerns about say an Eldar Corsair or Tyrant's Legion list for everyday or tournament play.

Dalleron
12-14-2013, 11:44 AM
I understand that the eldar titan in the escalation book has different rules for holo fields. I wonder how people are going to feel about those rules carrying over to other FW things with eldar titan holo fields, like nightwings and whatnot.

deinol
12-15-2013, 12:01 AM
I understand that the eldar titan in the escalation book has different rules for holo fields. I wonder how people are going to feel about those rules carrying over to other FW things with eldar titan holo fields, like nightwings and whatnot.

Different from the new Apoc rules? Or different from the old Forgeworld rules? I thought they were pretty much identical to the new Apoc versions, but I don't have those books yet.