PDA

View Full Version : 1850points Close Combat Rush Chaos

aj40k
12-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi guys I'm Aj a long time Iron Warriors player, first time posting on this forumthough, but after reading the tactic threads by Lern2Eel I felt that this community may have allot of insightful views to help enhance my list.

This list is based around some of my favorite models in the current rendition of the Chaos Codex, but I have been playing Chaos for 10 years, So I have access to almost any unit if you think inclusion would benefit the list. Although I'm trying to stay away from Heldrake spam with this list. (Ironically this list contains one of the units I don't own yet, chaos spawn)

So without further ado I present my Close Combat Rush Chaos List.
Primary Detachment: Chaos Space Marines
HQ
Daemon Prince --- 245pts
-Wings, The Black Mace, Daemon of Nurgle
-Warlord

Chaos Lord --- 170pts
-Mark of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Juggernaut of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury

Fast Attack
5 Chaos Spawn --- 150pts

3 Chaos Bikers --- 96pts
-2 Melta-Guns

3 Chaos Bikers --- 96pts
-2 Melta-Guns

Troops
20 Cultists --- 100pts
-2 Flamers

20 Cultists --- 100pts
-2 Flamers

Heavy Support
Maulerfiend --- 135pts
-2 Lasher Tendrils

Maulerfiend --- 135pts
-2 Lasher Tendrils

Maulerfiend --- 135pts
-2 Lasher Tendrils

Allied Detachment: Black Legion
HQ
Daemon Prince --- 230pts
-Wings, The Spineshiver Blade, Daemon of Nurgle

Troops
10 Cultists --- 50pts

Heavy Support
Chaos Vindicator --- 145pts
-Daemonic Possession, Siege Shield

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Line --- 50pts

Total = 1837pts

With the spare 13 points I am a little lost on what to spend them on, I am thinking 5pts should be spent on the vindicator for a combi bolter, just to give the demolisher cannon a chance of survival, the other 5pts, maybe melta bombs on the chaos lord, or veterans of the old war? Or it could be spent to upgrade one Maulerfiend into a 2nd Vindicator.... any suggestions would be great.

The basic plan is simply, deploy behind the Aegis Defense Line and charge forward, utilizing cover for the first turn.

I will generally be keeping the 10 man Cultist squad in reserves and bring them in later to capture any objectives on my board side, while the other two 20 man cultist units will probably just go to ground the first turn or two to try and survive until the main force manages to tie the opponents fire support up in close combat, then make a mad dash for objectives.

Chaos Lord joins the Spawn, bikes ride up the flanks and harass armor, or make a b-line for any land raider like vehicles carrying counter assault units.

The 3 HQ choices should be able to handle any scary 2+ units like terminators easily enough, they should also be quite potent against hordes with the sheer number of attacks they can dish out with their daemon weapons. The Maulerfiends can ever help the HQ units if they need the lasher tendrils against a particularly scary combat unit, or just open up armor, or tie down fire support units.

The Vindicator is acting as a fire magnet, and if its ignored, then pie plates are an added bonus.

I know this list will be at the mercy to flyer heavy lists, but it will aim to just ignore them and ruin my opponents chances at claiming objectives by rushing there ground units.

So what do you all think? Will it stand a chance in the current meta?

Katharon
12-12-2013, 02:49 AM
I would drop the Allied Detachment. Other than getting the 2nd daemon prince, it doesn't do too much for your list. Even the vindicator. Also, if you can, I'd look into Bel'akor. He's a good daemon prince to use for this type of CC army.

aj40k
12-12-2013, 08:39 AM
I could, but I feel in doing so I would be reducing the amount of high profile threats I can provide to the opponent to deal with quickly, non are particularly weak, nor are they strong, the maulerfiends are only AV12. In my mind having 2 Daemon Princes with Daemon Weapons and a Khorn Jugger Lord would really force my opponent to be very careful with deployment as their movement and threat lvl a huge. Having access to 3 hq's and 4 heavy supports just seems like a natural option in this style of list, I ran a similar list prior to the Black Legion Supplement being released, but found the 3 mauler fiends were being torn apart very quickly because there wasn't anything to draw fire power away from them early game, I think the vindicator would do this nicely, the old list ran 3 Heldrakes instead of the allied detachment and bikers.

I do agree that Be'lakor is a great daemon prince, but I'm not sure he fits this list, his telepathy powers are great but Daemon Princes with Nurgle hardly need Invisibility, nor will the Cultist going to ground behind a Defense Line, and In this situation I don't feel I need a shooty/support Daemon, as much as I need more winged devils

That being said, if I did remove the allied detachment, what would you think I could introduce to replicate the threat it brings?