PDA

View Full Version : IA v II Second Edition SOB

Exterminatus
12-10-2013, 04:23 AM
So, I just got the new book in the mail today, I havn't seen any comments on it yet so before I go to bed

I'll drop this off and report back later.

Sisters of Battle Repressor:

BS:4 F:13 S:11 R:10 HP:3

Vehicle: Tank,Transport - capacity 10

Cupola-mounted storm bolter, pintle-mounted heavy flamer, dozer blade, smoke. Can take lights, HkM and extra armor

Shield of Faith

Fire Points: 2 people can fire from the top hatch and there are 3 firing ports on each side, so basically 5 can shoot at a time.

Point cost: 75

So what are your opinions on this thing now...

mathhammer
12-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Fire Points: 2 people can fire from the top hatch and there are 3 firing ports on each side, so basically 5 can shoot at a time.

Is that the actual quote or is the

there are 3 firing ports on each side

based on your view of the model?

Arkhan Land
12-10-2013, 08:11 AM
the old repressor stats were 3 to a side, if they let you shoot top front hatch too itd be 8, im guessing itll be limited to 6, but yes it could be like attatching a hurrican bolter to a rhino and driving it around

Mr.Pickelz
12-10-2013, 08:26 AM
There are 3 fire points on each side of the Hull, and two from the top hatch, so at most, you can broadside with 5 models.

mathhammer
12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
If the rules don't call them fire points, which is why I asked, then there not fire points so you can only shoot 2 models out.

The last rules I can find state:

Fire Points

Mr.Pickelz
12-10-2013, 10:34 AM
" Fire Points
Two models can fire from the Repressor's top hatch. In addition, there are three firing ports on either side of the troop compartment, each of which may be fired out of by a single passenger." - pg. 239/ IA: Vol. II. 2nd ed.

DarkLink
12-10-2013, 11:06 AM
There are 3 fire points on each side of the Hull, and two from the top hatch, so at most, you can broadside with 5 models.

Any IG player will claim each port has a 360° field of fire.

energongoodie
12-10-2013, 11:32 AM
I've never really thought about that you know :(
I've just let guys shoot from their Chimeras fire points without thinking about. Muppet. I shall be enforcing true line of sight from fire points from now on.

DrLove42
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
TBH most guard players claim they can shoot 3+ melta guns out the top at a time, despite 2 being out the top the others using the "lasguns" that stick out the side

Mr.Pickelz
12-10-2013, 11:57 AM
@Darklink
"Any IG player will claim each port has a 360° field of fire."
I never quite fully understood that argument. However, the Repressor's windows are quite entrenched in the side, while a Chimera's lasgun turrets have a ball mounting. If someone could provide a Video or picture assisted argument showing how the windows have a 360 degree ling of sight, I would be extremely grateful.

mathhammer
12-10-2013, 11:59 AM
The IG codex states that 5 models may fire out of the top hatch and ignores the lasguns on the side. The only thing to block is the turrent up front.

energongoodie
12-10-2013, 12:23 PM
That's that for the Chimera then :)

I like the sound of the Repressor though.

mathhammer
12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I like the new rules, and I wish IG went back to 2 weapons and 3 lasguns.

Now how to get someone in that Repressor with split fire....

Elfy
12-10-2013, 05:47 PM
What are the exact differences between the printed version in your book and the experimental rules ( http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/r/RepressorFAQversion1P.pdf ) up on the Forge World website?

DarkLink
12-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Doesn't sound like any, other than the extra fireports.

Blood Shadow
12-11-2013, 03:08 AM
Just a question is there much content in the new IA book for Inquisition?

Lord-Boofhead
12-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Any mention of the Arbites in the represor entry, it was a thing they used too IIRC...

gwensdad
12-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Can an Inquisition Henchmen squad get one somehow? (I know it's not in C:I but if it's in the entry)

DarkLink
12-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Grey Knights get some LR variants, a venerable dread that gets d6 extra attacks for like 190pts, and a razorback with a psycannon. The dread sounds kinda cool, not that venerable cc dreads are worth it, butotherwise pretty underwhelming.

Mr.Pickelz
12-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Inquisition get a Valkyrie squadron, Land Raider Prometheus. the GK Mk IV dread and the Land Raider with flamer sponsons get their own rules, as do Razorback's with the Psycannon turret. The Thunderhawk got an update to rules, it gets Fortitude (which is useless on a Super-Heavy) and keeps its hefty price tag...
The Dread is basically the model that Forgeworld sells, with the Psycannon arm, and the Glaive. it's a venerable dread that looks neat, but is over-costed.
The Landraider seems nice, but it is still expensive.
Razorback is meh, due to points cost.
Valk's take up an FA slot if you take an Inquisitor, they can be Dedicated Transports for Henchmen Warbands.
All these vehicles, except the Valk's are not worth the points, imo.
Nothing in this book, that is under the inquistion section affects the Inquistion supplement, it is all geared towards Codex: Grey Knights.

One thing to note is the exclusion of the words, "friendly unit; Enemy unit" for purposes of targeting.
"... If the Target of the psychic power is not the Dreadnought itself, but is still within 12" of it, the penalty is -1. The effects of this rule are not cumulative." pg. 215/ IA:2 2nd ed.
Would this affect enemy psykers who target themselves or other units with Blessings?

Edit: Also," an empty Thunderhawk Transporter can pick up a stationary vehicle by moving over it whilst in Hover mode." It doesn't note that the vehicle has to be friendly. If you could use that on an enemy's transports, I'd have quite the laugh.

DarkLink
12-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Don't believe so.

Infinite Freedom
12-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Is the LR Achilles in there?

deinol
12-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Is the LR Achilles in there?

Yes, and Proteus, Prometheus, and Helios. They have the contents page on the product listing (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_VOLUME_TWO_SECOND_EDITION.html).