PDA

View Full Version : Swooping Hawk Exarchs

OnFyre
12-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Can they take power weapons as well as an upgraded gun? The rule says 'or' but does that make the upgrades mutually exculsive?

Old_Paladin
12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
If they are actually seperated by the word 'or' then yes; you can only pick one of the options.

The codexes tend to be pretty clear.
Add something for x points.
Replace something for x points.
Replace this or that with one option
Replace this and/or that with several options.

The fact that he/she only has the lasblaster (or maybe hawks talon) is also an indicator. If you replace the gun with a Sunrifle; how would you then replace the (now missing) gun with a power weapon?

Nabterayl
12-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Well, that's kind of the weird thing. You don't replace with the gun with a power weapon. You can "be armed with" a power weapon, or you can "replace" the lasblaster with a hawk's talon or a sunrifle.

Regardless, I think Old Paladin has the right principle. The SH exarch options are lasblaster and power weapon, hawk's talon, or sunrifle.

OnFyre
12-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks, I guess. It seems odd to be this way, when the adjacent entry has Warp Spiders with both power weapons and gun upgrades. But then they do have 4 arms.

That's going to be a pretty tricky conversion, I was hoping to leave the Talon in place and swap the pointing hand, now I need to buy another Hawk to get a blaster barrel.

Nabterayl
12-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, it seems kind of silly to me too. And I hate exarch conversions - or rather, how many exarch builds require you to do conversions.