PDA

View Full Version : Action Movie (Fluff) rules question

Dlatrex
12-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey gang. I have seen several Tyranid armies that use the 'Aliens' Xenomorph aesthetic, and I understand you could easily have genestealers represent how a xenomorph might fare on the battle field. Short of coming up with something by homebrew, has anyone seen/used an existing unit's stats if you wanted to model a Predator (http://good-wallpapers.com/pictures/5488/Aliens%20vs.%20Predator%20-%20Predator%20Imba.jpg) in game? I was thinking that maybe the lightly armored Lictor would serve, although that might be a little strong for his physical prowess.

Vangrail
12-09-2013, 12:13 PM
I wanted to use the striking scorpions char as the predator. would fit nicely just never did it. My idea was reremembered when the avp game was shown.

Vangrail
12-09-2013, 12:18 PM
well kharandras wouldn't represent a predator we have seen in the movies because they have all been low tier preds. He would represent a really high tier one from the comics. Then normal striking scorpions could be trainee prds like avp1 preds. man i kinda really wanna do this now.....

Dlatrex
12-09-2013, 12:47 PM
That makes sense. The scorpions and Kharandras even share some physical similarities with Predators. Good suggestion.

euansmith
12-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Predator = Marbo

"Ten years ago one of his kind stalked and eliminated an elite special forces crew in central America. There were two survivors. They indicated that when trapped, the creature activated a self-destruct device that destroyed enough rainforest to cover 300 city blocks. Remarkable weaponry. That's right lieutenant. Other-world life-forms."

Dlatrex
12-10-2013, 10:55 AM
haha... I think Marbo would better represent Dutch then the Predator creature; but yes he would fit in the film just fine. I'm sure Sly wishes he had been cast. =)

Nabterayl
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Predator = Marbo

"Ten years ago one of his kind stalked and eliminated an elite special forces crew in central America. There were two survivors. They indicated that when trapped, the creature activated a self-destruct device that destroyed enough rainforest to cover 300 city blocks. Remarkable weaponry. That's right lieutenant. Other-world life-forms."
I dunno, I think this is pretty good.

You could also do Lukas, I think.