PDA

View Full Version : 'Fixing' the Daemonhost

Atrotos
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Did you, as I did, read the Eisenhorn series as fast as possible only to spend hours afterwards staring vacantly at the Daemonhost entry in the Daemonhunters codex while scratching your head questioningly?

Me too. That's why I'm fixing it.

0-1 Daemonhost

WS: 7 BS: 4 S: 6 T: 5 W: 4 I: 5 A: 4 Ld: 10 Sv: 3++

Unit Type: Monstrous Creature (Dreadnought base)

Unit: 1 Daemonhost

Wargear:

Warp-given Powers: The Daemon's host body is surrounded by coruscating cloud of energy. It flashes in and out of reality affording the Daemonhost a 3+ Invulnerable Save. It has a 4+ save against any enemy psychic power directed against it.

Special Rules:

- Fearless
- Aura of Destruction
- Psyker
- Daemon
- Unstable
- Summoned

Aura of Destruction: The Daemonhost's form is the epicenter of a catastrophic hole in reality. All units within 12" (except the Inquisitor and his squad) suffer D6 str. 3 hits at the beginning of each shooting phase. Any unit that suffers casualties from Aura of Destruction must take an immediate Pinning check.

Unstable: Each turn the Daemonhost must pass a Leadership test in order to remain in existence. Each consecutive turn after the first it is summoned the Daemonhost suffers a cumulative -1 modifier to its leadership characteristic for the purposes of this test. Using the Blood Gift power removes all previous modifiers.

Summoned: Daemonhosts must begin the game in Reserve. When they become available they must appear within 6" of an Inquisitor using the Deep Strike rules and treating the Inquisitor's model as a Teleport Homer.

Psychic Powers: The Daemonhost may use any one power each game turn.

Re-knit Host Form: At the beginning of the owning player's turn take a Psychic test. If passed the Daemonhost regains D3 wounds to a maximum of four.

Blood Gift: At the beginning of the owning player's turn one friendly unit within 18" of the Daemonhost suffers D3 wounds with no saves allowed (If it is within 18" of the Summoning Inquisitor it only takes a single wound). The Daemonhost adds +3 to its Strength and Toughness characteristics until the owning player's next turn.

Teleport: At the beginning of the owning player's movement phase take a Psychic test. If passed the Daemonhost may move 12" and assault 12" ignoring intervening models and terrain.

DarkLink
12-02-2009, 07:02 PM
WS 7? 240pts? Crazy powerful special rules?

A daemonhost is some random daemon bound to a mortal of some sort. It's not a Greater Daemon...

Atrotos
12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm basing these rules off of the Eisenhorn series specifically. I won't put spoilers in this thread but suffice to say that Daemonhosts are, according to Abnett, way way better than greater deamons(as they appear in the current rules). Probably more suited to Apocalypse games than normal 40k. These rules reflect just a small portion of the Daemonhost's potential.

I guess you could say that daemonhosts are as varied as the Daemons that posses them and the Inquisitors that summon them.

Kahoolin
12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Holy crap that's hardcore. Unpredictable, and causes random damage over a wide area to everyone. I like it :D