PDA

View Full Version : FW Hint at new Primarch

Wolfshade
12-04-2013, 06:51 AM
So latest from forgeworld

New Primarch coming very soon:

So what can we tell, 8 pointed star so it is one of the 9 chaos ones.

So who could it be?

Horus
Magnus the Red
Perturabo
Mortarion
Lorgar
Konrad Curze
Alpharius Omegon

Mr Mystery
12-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Lorgar Aurelian.

Where do I collect my cookie from?

Wolfshade
12-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Bobington.

But yes going through the list I think Lorgar is certain most likely.

From GD UK:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YEIeZQrBWPg/UkzzVVCwY7I/AAAAAAAAAwE/ZjNNbcuaucA/s640/Lorgar+Aurelian.jpeg

Skullchewer
12-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Aye, not much of a hint for those that went to or, closely followed news from, Gamesday this year. First of the Primarch models I really like.

Bigred
12-04-2013, 11:44 AM
He does look arrogant - I might pick this one up.

DarkLink
12-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Not really a fan of the potbelly style armor look.

energongoodie
12-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I really like this fella.

I wasn't gonna do any Word Bearers but this guy is great and if the Gal Vorbak minis are as good as I'm wishing for....... I'm in.

lordunborn
12-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Arent we missing two Primarchs from Book 1? Where is Moritarian and Horus?

Richard Macpherson
12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Not Primarchie enough for me

Dave Fothergill
12-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I like the model but really want a FW sanguinius model to be done to go with my blood angels

Brokksamson
12-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I guess not everyone read the stuff from GD UK 2013? It is Lorgar... that was confirmed in September that he is the next Primarch release. Horus is confirmed as Primarch #5 (Following Lorgar), Mortarion is confirmed as Primarch #7 (For obvious reasons). I'm assuming the Sculptor from Lorgar is already working on Primarch #6. Simon Eagan stated that he is working on Horus and a preview picture was shown @ GD UK.

monketo
12-04-2013, 01:41 PM
I like the model but really want a FW sanguinius model to be done to go with my blood angels
I saw this guy at the Forge World seminar.5908

Brokksamson
12-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I would venture to guess that people didn't read the stuff from GD UK 2013? It's was confirmed in September at that show that the next Primarch was Lorgar... they showed a raw version and a painted version. Horus is confirmed to be Primarch #5 (Following Lorgar). Mortarion is Primarch #7 (For Obvious Reasons). Simon Eagan is working on Horus and preview pictures were shown @ GD UK. I would think that the Sculptor who did Lorgar is already working on Primarch #6 (Probably Kurze or Vulkan).

You will be waiting quite a while for Sanguinius (Book 6 is supposed to be Signus Prime).

Book 3 Confirmed as Part 2 of Drop Site Massacre and Battle for Phall (Raven Guard, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Imperial Fists).

Book 4 Rumored as Prospero (Vlka Fenryka, Thousand Sons, Silent Sisters, Adeptus Custodes)

Dlatrex
12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Arent we missing two Primarchs from Book 1? Where is Moritarian and Horus?
Yep, they're not doing them in order apparently.

Also interesting: it appears that he is mounted on a 25mm base, as the pull out from the larger scenic base. I'll have to wait for better pictures, but right now a rough scaling shows Aurelian as slightly shorter than the other Primarchs, and certainly slighter of frame.

EDIT:

Actually, come to think of it, the scaling between the two models looks very close to how Angron hulks behind Lorgar on the cover of Betrayer
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121217052454/warhammer40k/images/4/4e/Lorgar_%26_Angron_Purge_of_Nuceria.jpg

mcsnead17
12-04-2013, 03:29 PM
I am getting of all these chaos leaders when will the other side have a chance like doing Russ,Johnson and others.

Cdodders
12-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Second that. Plus where is Vulcan? Where is Guillman? Where iz da Emprah??????!!!!!!?!!??!!?!!?!!?!?!?!!!

M@MAX
12-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Yeah, the second picture is much better. :-)

SaveModifier
12-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Yep, they're not doing them in order apparently.

Also interesting: it appears that he is mounted on a 25mm base, as the pull out from the larger scenic base. I'll have to wait for better pictures, but right now a rough scaling shows Aurelian as slightly shorter than the other Primarchs, and certainly slighter of frame.

Thats a 40mm base not a 25mm, same as the other Primarchs

Katharon
12-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Bobington.

But yes going through the list I think Lorgar is certain most likely.

From GD UK:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YEIeZQrBWPg/UkzzVVCwY7I/AAAAAAAAAwE/ZjNNbcuaucA/s640/Lorgar+Aurelian.jpeg

Not going to lie, I think that model looks like crap. That chest piece makes him look like a fattie and the armor itself is lacking in the kind of decoration I pictured when reading the description of his armor in "First Heretic."

Popsical
12-05-2013, 06:56 AM
I dont like the armour design, shape or colour in that pic. His face looks quite boring and lacking any animation too.
Altogether a rather meh model to my mind. The image on the cover of betrayer is far better. What happened?

DWest
12-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Just wait till they get to Alpharius, then you'll see a boring Primach model.

"Primarch Alpharius (£55.00) -- this 25mm scenic base fits any of our Mk IV armor sets and has 'I am Alpharius' inscribed on the underside, representing the legendary trickery of the lord of the XX Legion."

Popsical
12-05-2013, 07:37 AM
I think you maybe surprised by that, possibly alpharius and omegon together on a scenic base.
Im looking forward to that.

AirHorse
12-05-2013, 07:42 AM
The alpharius and omegon model is actually part of a battle force box set. You get 100 identical looking models. You have to figure out which ones are the primarchs.

Psychosplodge
12-05-2013, 07:44 AM
The alpharius and omegon model is actually part of a battle force box set. You get 100 identical looking models. You have to figure out which ones are the primarchs.
Not bad for £55...

AirHorse
12-05-2013, 07:47 AM
That's only the price you know you are paying though. The hydra strikes with many heads, some less visible than others...

Popsical
12-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Not bad for £55...

Hell yeah i'll have a few of that box at that price.

SaveModifier
12-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Not going to lie, I think that model looks like crap. That chest piece makes him look like a fattie and the armor itself is lacking in the kind of decoration I pictured when reading the description of his armor in "First Heretic."

Don't judge the model based on a picture from a camera phone in a badly lit area, this one was painted in a hurry by Mark Bedford so they could show it at Games Day Uk, the model is gorgeous, the detailing on it is ridiculously intricate, every surface of the armour is decorated and even has the tattooed script on his head. He isn't animated because (SPOILERS) this is him before his apotheosis, here he is the plotter, the Primarch who has been the architect of this entire rebellion, not the powerful warrior and psyker seen on the cover of Betrayer, the model is really intimidating and creepy and oozes atmosphere.

DarkLink
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM
The model itself looks great, but like I said above, I have to agree that I don't like the potbelly look.

Wizendorf
12-05-2013, 03:54 PM
maybe most of details were lost by painting.

for example, when i have bought Erebus and kor paheron i haven't noted some details from directly forge world site for the same reason. i have realised that models had more details only when they arrived at home.

so i have trust for the next Lorgar. we'll see soon

Katharon
12-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Don't judge the model based on a picture from a camera phone in a badly lit area, this one was painted in a hurry by Mark Bedford so they could show it at Games Day Uk, the model is gorgeous, the detailing on it is ridiculously intricate, every surface of the armour is decorated and even has the tattooed script on his head. He isn't animated because (SPOILERS) this is him before his apotheosis, here he is the plotter, the Primarch who has been the architect of this entire rebellion, not the powerful warrior and psyker seen on the cover of Betrayer, the model is really intimidating and creepy and oozes atmosphere.

Did I say anything about the cover of "Betrayer"? Also, in case you missed it when reading through the HH, he already is a powerful warrior and psyker before his fall to Chaos. HE'S A FREAKING PRIMARCH. And this model really fails in my opinion to display that might or majesty. I'm not blaming the camera either.

Popsical
12-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Katharon is right. Also the books describe lorgars appearance as most like his fathers. I hope the emperor isnt going to look that poor.
This model just lacks any ooomph in my opinion.

AnEnemy
12-06-2013, 02:18 AM
I think its a great model. Lorgar is a priest and a scholar. Before his apotheosis he was considered to be one of the weakest primarchs in battle.

I'm kind of at a loss over why so many people think he should be animated in the same fashion as Angron or Fulgrim. Those models are clearly meant to be taking part in very specific battles.

If they tried that with Lorgar they'd have to model Corax gutting him like a fish.

That said, how can anyone hate on all of that beautiful detail crammed into one model? Because his bulky armor makes him look like he has a gut? I have less of a problem with that than I do a guy in full armor having a six pack.

Katharon
12-06-2013, 07:15 AM
I think its a great model. Lorgar is a priest and a scholar. Before his apotheosis he was considered to be one of the weakest primarchs in battle.

I'm kind of at a loss over why so many people think he should be animated in the same fashion as Angron or Fulgrim. Those models are clearly meant to be taking part in very specific battles.

If they tried that with Lorgar they'd have to model Corax gutting him like a fish.

That said, how can anyone hate on all of that beautiful detail crammed into one model? Because his bulky armor makes him look like he has a gut? I have less of a problem with that than I do a guy in full armor having a six pack.

His face looks like a craggy old man (how I imagine Kor Phaeron to look in fact) and his "detailed armor" is just a bunch of concentric circles and lines cut into the plastic -- nothing really fantastic in it. There's more awesome detail in a Sanguinary Guard model than that thing. If we're talking poses, then his classic pre-Heresy pose would be him striding forwards with his maul slung over his shoulder in a semi-lazy fashion -- not gripped in one hand and squint-eyed staring down something.

It's just lacking in what Lorgar should be represented as before his fall.

AnEnemy
12-06-2013, 02:07 PM
"his "detailed armor" is just a bunch of concentric circles and lines cut into the plastic -- nothing really fantastic in it. There's more awesome detail in a Sanguinary Guard model than that thing."

Alright...lets just gloss over the fact that there isn't a single concentric circle on the model. I guess we can also ignore that this is resin and not plastic.

I can't really ignore that you've offered up a kit that's just had a handful of wing, nipple, and blood drop bits thrown at Mark 8 armor as the bench mark for sculpted detail.

I can sort of see where you're coming from with the facial sculpt criticism although I mainly believe that's because of the furrowed brow adding wrinkles. Other than that small detail the sculpt is very similar to the character art in HH Book Two.

This is easily among the top three most detailed suits of armor FW has put out to date. I think you're about as off base as a person can possibly be on this one sorry.

The pose stuff...well...you can have your opinion, but I think it's kind of weird that you're hating on it because he's holding his maul at his side instead of on his shoulder. Again, at the point in the story this model is representing, Lorgar is one of if not THE weakest Primarch in battle(his stats in Massacre even reflect this) and he actively avoided fighting during the Great Crusade in favor of winning hearts and minds. I think depicting him in a battle would be against character and the at ease pose will make the model stand out among his brothers on the shelf. Thats my opinion.

Katharon
12-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I can sort of see where you're coming from with the facial sculpt criticism although I mainly believe that's because of the furrowed brow adding wrinkles. Other than that small detail the sculpt is very similar to the character art in HH Book Two.

You're kidding me, right? That isn't a furrowed brow causing all that wrinkling -- that's bad sculpt work/idea creation. He should have been smooth faced and young-looking, as he is described in First Heretic, as the Primarch who is closest in physical looks to the Emperor.

This is easily among the top three most detailed suits of armor FW has put out to date. I think you're about as off base as a person can possibly be on this one sorry.

Sorry, but every other model from the Horus Heresy Character Series looks far better than this one. I won't even mention other models, like the Emperor's Children Terminators or the Deathshroud of the Death Guard.

The pose stuff...well...you can have your opinion, but I think it's kind of weird that you're hating on it because he's holding his maul at his side instead of on his shoulder.

Fair enough, I will cede to you that the pose is a small thing to worry about.

Again, at the point in the story this model is representing, Lorgar is one of if not THE weakest Primarch in battle(his stats in Massacre even reflect this) and he actively avoided fighting during the Great Crusade in favor of winning hearts and minds. I think depicting him in a battle would be against character and the at ease pose will make the model stand out among his brothers on the shelf. Thats my opinion.

Saying someone is one of, if not the most, weakest of Primarchs is kind of funny. That said, you need to go re-read the books. There has never been an occasion when the Word Bearers or Lorgar ever "actively" avoided fighting in order to "win hearts and minds." The cause of the slow pace of conquest of the Word Bearers was that on each world Lorgar would rebuild it upon the foundation of worshiping the Emperor as a god -- a process that takes time, as he is not just rebuilding broken cities but planting to seeds of faith. He is the penultimate warrior-priest among all his brother primarchs. If he had been depicted battling someone with a book in one hand and his mace in another, his mouth open in exhortation of the God-Emperor -- now that would be a model worthy of Lorgar. But yeah, that armor is just a really mauled Iron Mark 3 with lines marked into it.

AnEnemy
12-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I think it's great that you have an opinion man. If only mine didn't bother you so much...imagine the fun we'd have.

Seriously, if you want to get into an internet thumb war over aesthetics then I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I'm a big fan of Edgar Skomorowski's work for FW so far. His faces are...peculiar, but I believe he did that purposely to tie Lorgar as the genesire of the other models. For instance, his Mk III Praetor is modeled after the art on Pg 254 of Massacre. I don't know if you own it, but that's the beginning of the WB's army entry. That said, if you're a WB fan and this model doesn't match the vision in your head I can certainly understand a bit of initial frustration. As to the rest...

Did I say Lorgar was a *****? I don't think I did. Lorgar is a monster before and after his apotheosis. That doesn't mean Corax didn't put him down in an eyeblink. Corax would certainly not be solely capable of such a feat. All things being equal even demi-gods can have a pecking order.

It seems like you kind of thought I was calling Lorgar a coward. I was not. In my opinion, he's simply one of the most reflective and compassionate of the Primarchs. On par with Sanguinius. The main difference being that Lorgar accepted no limits in all aspects of his search for Truth with a capital T.

Katharon
12-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Did I say Lorgar was a *****? I don't think I did. Lorgar is a monster before and after his apotheosis. That doesn't mean Corax didn't put him down in an eyeblink. Corax would certainly not be solely capable of such a feat. All things being equal even demi-gods can have a pecking order.

It seems like you kind of thought I was calling Lorgar a coward. I was not. In my opinion, he's simply one of the most reflective and compassionate of the Primarchs.

*You* said that he "actively avoided fighting." You said that. Not me.

The main difference being that Lorgar accepted no limits in all aspects of his search for Truth with a capital T.

Lorgar never sought truth (or Truth). He sought divinity. When denied it by the Emperor, he was guided in another direction. Don't confuse divinity with truth or vice versa.

Lukas The Trickster
12-07-2013, 12:06 PM

mysterex
12-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Hardly a new primarch, rather an existing one.

If was a new one it would either be the lost or the damned (legions 2 and 11) and GW has already indicated that it will never happen.

Wolfshade
12-09-2013, 03:27 AM
New as in Lorgar did not have model previously.